Which is faster GT or C6 Z06?

SpeedKillz

Established Member
Which of these two is faster? :shrug: Ford GT or the New C6 Z06?......leanin more towards the GT.... GT to me :thumbsup:

virpacalis

Established Member
IMO both are great, but -- stock vs. stock -- this mag-racer's money's on the GT.

Which is better? If I'm paying, make it a Z06. Otherwise, a GT with a new pulley sounds about right.

bad360rt

slo truk
Established Member
Does anyone know any real world, owner driven, GT times? I haven't seen any, just mag times, which I don't trust (ringers, etc.). I've seen 11.6@126 posted from a C6 Z06 owner. GT's are badass tho, saw one drive through the Hooter's parking lot when I was out in Fresno, just cruising at 5mph it was wicked. And with a pulley and tune I'm sure they'd be insane. But the Z06 also has potential, they've already put down just a hair under 500 at the wheels with just a set of longtubes and removing the air filter (no intakes available yet) and that was without a tune (also no software available yet). For the money, Z06 all day long, but if you can swing a GT, why not :beer:

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Faster- without question the GT. The Z06 will stop before 200. The GT will go well past. I use fast to describe the speed a car can ultimately achieve.

Quicker- drivers race. Both will go mid-11's@mid-120's.

bad360rt

slo truk
Established Member
DBK said:
Faster- without question the GT. The Z06 will stop before 200. The GT will go well past. I use fast to describe the speed a car can ultimately achieve.

Quicker- drivers race. Both will go mid-11's@mid-120's.
Is the GT in your sig yours? Have you taken it to the track? Just curious for some real world numbers. Badass collection you've got there :thumbsup:

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
bad360rt said:
Is the GT in your sig yours? Have you taken it to the track? Just curious for some real world numbers. Badass collection you've got there :thumbsup:

Nah, sadly it's Fords. A member at the GT site I run ran an 11.8@124 on a 2.1 60ft. He did almost 98mph in the 1/8th, though, so it's pretty clear the car is good for mid-low 11's at 126+. Even with the same trap, getting a 1.9 60 should net an ~11.5 off that time.

bad360rt

slo truk
Established Member
DBK said:
Nah, sadly it's Fords. A member at the GT site I run ran an 11.8@124 on a 2.1 60ft. He did almost 98mph in the 1/8th, though, so it's pretty clear the car is good for mid-low 11's at 126+. Even with the same trap, getting a 1.9 60 should net an ~11.5 off that time.
Not to shabby for a crappy short time. I'd love to see both cars on a sticky tire :rockon:

SpeedKillz

Established Member
I read that the guys in MM&FF ran an [email protected] just remember that they switched the tires to a smaller ones...cant remember if they did something else....and also MT ran an 11.20 Bone Stock @130+ when comparing it with the Enzo and Carrera GT

bad360rt

slo truk
Established Member
RollingOnChrome said:
I read that the guys in MM&FF ran an [email protected] just remember that they switched the tires to a smaller ones...cant remember if they did something else....and also MT ran an 11.20 Bone Stock @130+ when comparing it with the Enzo and Carrera GT
That's why I don't trust magazines, owner trapped 124, mags are trapping 130+, that's a pretty big difference, I smell a ringer :poke:

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
bad360rt said:
That's why I don't trust magazines, owner trapped 124, mags are trapping 130+, that's a pretty big difference, I smell a ringer :poke:

Well, to be fair, that 130mph car was a particular owners car, hehe. It was pushing a bit more boost though. You can add plenty of rwhp with just a smaller pulley and short belt without a tune. Add in an air filter and you've got your 130mph barely turning a wrench...

bad360rt

slo truk
Established Member
DBK said:
Well, to be fair, that 130mph car was a particular owners car, hehe. It was pushing a bit more boost though. You can add plenty of rwhp with just a smaller pulley and short belt without a tune. Add in an air filter and you've got your 130mph barely turning a wrench...
Ok, that makes a lil more sense. I'd love to see one pushing more boost with a tune. I think we'll see the Z06's pulling 130+ with a lil work as well, probably a lil more wrench turning than a pulley swap, but hell they picked up 40 horses with a set of longtubes, can't wait to see what a cam and tune will add. I tell ya, these are some fun times we're living in, gotta love it! :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread