• Cobra R

Votes: 132 60.0%
  • Cowl 96-98 Cobra

Votes: 88 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Albino Snake

Established Member
I am partial to my stock hood:rolling: Looks aggressive as well as the Cobra R, but the nostrils give it the appearance of a pissed off snake. 96-98 FTW

hand-to-ball

That Was Just Your Life
Established Member
The OEM 96-98 Cobra hood is one of the nicest hoods any automaker has ever produced.

Pete's 03

Where's my eating helmet?
Established Member
I voted Cobra R just because it is different and you don't see nearly as many of them. I also like the slighty taller ones simply because they make the car look "tougher" and more pissed off IMO. I had tons of people that commented on the hood I had on an old car of mine that was almost identical to the Cobra R hood, and still get a lot of people that really like and ask where I got the stock hood on my 03 assuming that it isn't stock. The first thing my roomate (who didn't at the time know anything about Mustangs) said when I got my car 3 years ago was "damn, that thing just looks like it has a big motor and makes a ton of power with that big hood on there", which is funny because it really isn't very tall. If someone made a hood that was exactly the same as the stock 03 cobra hood, but about an inch or two taller I would be all over it. I've seen the one that someone has that is a lot taller to fit the 5.4 or the huge whipple, but IMO it looks lame because the front is too tall and it doesn't flow with the rest of the lines of the car. I would also be curious to see what one would look like if they made a fittiment for the 94-98 body style.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread