which hi flow cat is better?

fast astro

Established Member
My stock cats just went out and im looking to get some hi flow cats from american muscle. Car has 600rwhp. There are two options first is sop high floor cats or types high flow cats. Which is better or more adequate for my setup?

Teej281

Established Member
Just buy an aftermarket catted midpipe. It will be a lot less hastle and will make more power and sound better than the stock mid.

BBCOBRA

Established Member
the bassani stainless system has a metalic substrate cat. these will not wear out like the ceramic ones. The only way you would ruin a metalic sub. cat would be if blew the motor and spit something out the exhaust like a chunk of piston, spark plug etc. This can happen of course but not very likely.
The ceramic substrate material can seperate from the outer case, they can clog from an overy rich mixture, burning oil etc.

fast astro

Established Member
the bassani stainless system has a metalic substrate cat. these will not wear out like the ceramic ones. The only way you would ruin a metalic sub. cat would be if blew the motor and spit something out the exhaust like a chunk of piston, spark plug etc. This can happen of course but not very likely.
The ceramic substrate material can seperate from the outer case, they can clog from an overy rich mixture, burning oil etc.

Thanks for the info I understand it now

Users who are viewing this thread