Which headlights?

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Interesting thread. I've got a white 96gt vert. And was damn near dead set on getting some tinted heads for it. Now after seeing some of these pics with the crystal clear looking light on that white svt I am in love. Def changed my mind. Beautiful. And I'm one for the black housing versus the tint anyways. Looks better imo. Have some on my blacked out focus st and love em.

let me try to change your mind back :)

IMG_0266.jpg

IMG_0079.jpg

Sil80sx

Established Member
black beautys will peel even faster than the smoked depos...

Sigh... I hate it when people give out incorrect information. What the heck are you talking about the black beauty or depo peeling? Neither of those headlights are smoked, they both have clear lenses, the inside housing is whats black..... :dw:

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Sigh... I hate it when people give out incorrect information. What the heck are you talking about the black beauty or depo peeling? Neither of those headlights are smoked, they both have clear lenses, the inside housing is whats black..... :dw:

sorry.. didn't mean peel... my roommate has a set.. outside rubber cracked within ONE MONTH... now they are turning yellow and have fogged up since new....

need I say more?????

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
I think these aftermarket headlights just need to be replaced regularly to stay looking good lol.. I've had mine for two years, but my car is rarely outside in the sun, and only if its being driven..

But the corners still fog up when I wash it :(

But damn they look good

But the light output was so horrible I had to switch to H.I.D's to be able to see...

Sil80sx

Established Member
sorry.. didn't mean peel... my roommate has a set.. outside rubber cracked within ONE MONTH... now they are turning yellow and have fogged up since new....

need I say more?????

Haha, the rubber on my depo turn signals didnt even last a week before they came off. Aftermarket lights do lack in quality, thats why people recommend you silicon them yourselves as soon as you buy a pair. As far as them turning yellow, that's just typical with any plastic lens headlight and you just need to wet sand them.

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
my depo headlights are awesome. the corners i got off ebay for like $15 and they are still going strong and i didn't silicone anything. the rubber has hair line cracks but it isn't noticable. the corner was broke off one of them when i got it so i taped the front side into place and then super glued it. can't even tell the difference and it's held up for over a year.

Users who are viewing this thread