Which has more SC whine

Ky GT500

Established Member
Getting rid of that big muffled stock air tube is your first start.

A JLT CAI will give you the whine, then I went with thr JLT Big Air with the 13-6 kit, even more whine. Now that I'm running LT headers, can't hear it as much, but it's still there. I'm running 10% too. You can hear it whining on approach and screaming as it passes you,,,just ask that new Camaro driver that I just smoked. :coolman:

Last edited:

raustin0017

Established Member
I took the stock tube off and in less than 5 minutes removed the 'muffler' section and then installed the stock tube. SC whine increased and did not cost me a thing. The muffler thing could very easily be returned to stock in just a few moments.

freakshow12

Established Member
Did you gut the resonator section or use the frpp delete? Explain please. I am going with the 13-6 kit with 10 lower pretty soon here so I am just more curious than needing to do it

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I also gutted the stock air tube. I have a blower on order, so the resonator delete would have been a waste of money.

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
I took the stock tube off and in less than 5 minutes removed the 'muffler' section and then installed the stock tube. SC whine increased and did not cost me a thing. The muffler thing could very easily be returned to stock in just a few moments.

Details on this??

raustin0017

Established Member
Details on this??

I'll try and explain without pictures. Did not take any during the process.

1. I removed the two gear clamp (one near the throttle body/one near the air filter.
2. Removed the entire assembly and took it to my work bench.
3. Removed the other two gear clamps from the plastic air tube.
4. Using a small regular screwdriver I removed the inner 'muffler' section of the tube by pushing on the tabs and applying a small amount of force....it came right out.
5. Installed in reverse order.

No kidding....took about 5 minutes.

jason6488

Established Member
Just did this mod, not as much whine as I hoped... infact, not much at all.... I removed the baffled and little half ring thing, little more induction noise, but not really any whine. I couldn't roll windows down as it was too cold... any ideas? Maybe the whine is related to air density or something?

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
Just did this mod, not as much whine as I hoped... infact, not much at all.... I removed the baffled and little half ring thing, little more induction noise, but not really any whine. I couldn't roll windows down as it was too cold... any ideas? Maybe the whine is related to air density or something?

I know on my 04 Cobra the colder it was outside the louder the whine was :shrug:

Fordfourlife

Established Member
Don't waste your time with the resonator delete,it makes very little sound difference. The 65mm throttle body and JLT intake on the other hand makes it scream like a banshee!

Here is a vid of mine with the 13-6, no pulley.
14 GT500 - YouTube

Users who are viewing this thread