which grills look good on a red L

opie99

Established Member
alright guys i was thinkin about finally buyin a grill for my truck, dont know which one to really go with so i was going to see what most of you guys prefer. i was really leaning toward a black grill craft but i really dont see a whole lot of guys running the black ones. seems to me people stick to the factory ones more than anything. what i was thinkin was getting the black grills, smoked headlights, and blacking out the taillights. but i cant decide if all that black would look good with chrome factory 01 rims, at least i think they are factory they have svt on the center caps.:shrug: post up some pics of the front of your L if you dont mind and your thoughts. thanks kyle

wrxman60

Premiere Wheelman
Established Member
My vote would be what you said, the black grillcraft, I have the upper and lower on my silver truck, its a good quality piece. There is a guy on here volcomsurf76 he has a red 03 with the black grillcrafts, check out his truck for what they will look like.

opie99

Established Member
i was also thinking maybe the carriage works grill too. havent decided if i like the mesh grills or not, i would really want to see it in person i think.

phatboy40

Black Mob
Established Member
If you do decide to change out grilles, let me know if you want to sell the stockers? Ill take them off your hands.

opie99

Established Member
If you do decide to change out grilles, let me know if you want to sell the stockers? Ill take them off your hands.

heres the problem with that, when i bought my truck someone had stolen the upper out of the truck and they put a 99 honeycomb grill:xpl: in it. i didnt raise a stink about it couse i wanted to get aftermarket one anyways.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
I am a fan of these
l_0c58583133764fa7a5d37433641037ce.jpg

IMG_9235.jpg

and one just to pic whore a little
neboccarshow.jpg

MJG

Established Member
Steel billet grilles, bought off Ebay a few years ago, $160.00 for both upper and lower shipped, threw on a cobra decklid.

mjg-albums-last-20s-picture35754-e.jpg

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
Harley Davidson OEM upper that looks like the later models OEM upper and for the lower some chrome molding.

Or chrome molding on the OEM later model years upper and lower.

This is what i mean(z28eater)
SDC10805.jpg

ez112

Established Member
I vote black billet grilles or the stockers painted black. I'm working both now, but Heat Exchanger that stands out trumps it.

volcom, what do you have covering the fogs? Looks awesome.

Jeff_Svt22

Established Member
Steel billet grilles, bought off Ebay a few years ago, $160.00 for both upper and lower shipped, threw on a cobra decklid.

mjg-albums-last-20s-picture35754-e.jpg

I vote these in black! i have the same ones and have been thinking of doing mine in black too

nice truck by the way, it looks good like that too..

Users who are viewing this thread