Which gauge more important? Boost? FP?

Deespeed99

Established Member
Since the '13 has the track app so you can monitor A/F, oil pressure (to an extent of if its in the normal range) so if you had to monitor one gauge for engine health or emergency situations where something might go wrong which would it be Boost or FP if any at all?

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
I do boost/vac and AFR on mine. FP is a good one. I had boost/vac and FP on my 03 cobra and it saved my ass when i had a clogged fuel filter.

Thalilbear02

Established Member
Since A/F is already taken care of, I think the 5 year old in me would probably pick boost, but I know FP is probably the most logical one to pick in the onset of an issue to potentially have that on board.

CharlieR

Established Member
Fuel pressure 100%. Not nearly as fun as watching boost build. If you lose fuel pressure it may not feel like you lost power but may still get dangerously lean.

FiveLeeter918

OK Performance Fords
Established Member
since it's not mentioned in your sig, I'm gonna ask. Do you have boost?

Fuel pressure can be pretty critical. I would pick up a single Aeroforce gauge that way you can switch between the two. Stick it in the driver side air vent and it's not noticeable but still where you can access it.

FiveLeeter918

OK Performance Fords
Established Member

Fuel pressure can be pretty critical. I would pick up a single Aeroforce gauge that way you can switch between the two. Stick it in the driver side air vent and it's not noticeable but still where you can access it.

JerryC

Established Member
AFR, IMHO. If your FP goes down to the point where it will affect the engine it will show in the AFR.

If the AFR is off (lean), you're in big trouble and it could be because of more than just FP.

Sof Top

boost junkie!
Established Member
AFR, IMHO. If your FP goes down to the point where it will affect the engine it will show in the AFR.

If the AFR is off (lean), you're in big trouble and it could be because of more than just FP.

He already can monitor afr thru the track app

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
Boost is good to know but I would seriously recommend going with a fuel pressure gauge. If and when there is an issue it'll allow you to catch it before you melt down the engine.

We recently made a kit to help you monitor your fuel pressure. It comes with all of the fittings needed to make it work and a Roush vent gauge pod.

JPC Fuel Pressure Gauge Kit (2011+ GT) - Justin's Performance Center

Deespeed99

Established Member

I will after next week lol

Boost is good to know but I would seriously recommend going with a fuel pressure gauge. If and when there is an issue it'll allow you to catch it before you melt down the engine.

We recently made a kit to help you monitor your fuel pressure. It comes with all of the fittings needed to make it work and a Roush vent gauge pod.

JPC Fuel Pressure Gauge Kit (2011+ GT) - Justin's Performance Center

Im actually going a different route and keeping my boost controller and gauges all hidden so i went with the elite series so i could just wire a LED to alert me when the FP drops below a set point & just tuck everything in the glovebox. Thank you though for the offer and help as usual!

Users who are viewing this thread