which flywheel to choose

shelbycobra

Established Member
years ago i upgraded my 96 cobra with the 11inch flywheel but i dont remember what brand and now im going to install a new clutch and was wondering what is a good quality flywheel for my car so i can pick one

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
What's wrong with the one that's in there?

Why not just have it resurfaced or bolt in a new face, if it's so equipped?

shelbycobra

Established Member
What's wrong with the one that's in there?

Why not just have it resurfaced or bolt in a new face, if it's so equipped?
as far as i know nothing is wrong with it i was just going to replace it with a new one i need my clutch replaced so i was just going to replace the flywheel too

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
as far as i know nothing is wrong with it i was just going to replace it with a new one i need my clutch replaced so i was just going to replace the flywheel too
It would be cheaper to just turn the existing flywheel. There's nothing wrong with doing that, unless it's damaged.

JohninAZ4

Established Member
got a brand new 26 spline Centerforce Dyad WITH billet steel flywheel if your interested. But it is much cheaper to just reuse yours if it's not degraded. Only problem is it's a lot like mismatching exhaust components...you won't know what it will be like until you install it or find someone with the exact same setup you have.

Id come show it to you but im waiting for a KJM alternator since mine is about to go out...unless you're in 2son...I can make short trips.

Last edited:

shelbycobra

Established Member
got a brand new 26 spline Centerforce Dyad WITH billet steel flywheel if your interested. But it is much cheaper to just reuse yours if it's not degraded. Only problem is it's a lot like mismatching exhaust components...you won't know what it will be like until you install it or find someone with the exact same setup you have.

Id come show it to you but im waiting for a KJM alternator since mine is about to go out...unless you're in 2son...I can make short trips.
how much

shelbycobra

Established Member
if i remember correctly i changed to the 11ich flywheel made by findanza and it has the centerforce clutch kit in it and every week i have to adjust my steeda clutch adjuster to get a decent peddle mine is the 10 spline but im thing of having the 26 spline done to the trans

JohninAZ4

Established Member
dropped to $900 now but it won't go any less.
This may sell before you do the conversion. I was trying to do the same when my 10 spline centerforce kit went out, but decided to just get a matching upgraded kit. So I ordered the new Centerforce from them since I lived in Prescott and they were there, but after 6 weeks, it never arrived, called and they didn't even have a record of it so I thought they never put the order through. Car was having the new shaft and other stuff put in at time. I was still researching clutch kits and came across McCleods offerings - reviews were all the rage - so I ordered one. Then the Centerforce came in and a week later the McCleod. I wanted to be pissed but having 2 kind of gave me peice of mind. Installed the McCleod and loved it. It would 'chirp' on gear pulls. I thought something was wrong but apparently that was normal. Now Im seeing great reviews for the Centerforce...so if it doesn't sell, just gonna keep it.

Users who are viewing this thread