Which First: Subframes or Springs?

McCobra

(--)
Established Member
Hey i was just wondering about which mod to do first or if it matters at all. i plan on adding full length subrames and prally some H&R race springs. which one of these mods should i do first or does it matter. also who runs without CC plates? thanks for the help

04SLOBRA1

RESPECT IS EARNED
Established Member
When I Installed The H&r Race Springs I Used The Maximum Motorsports C/c Plates, You Will Need A Proper Alignment. The Guys At Maximum Motorsports Can Recommend Specs Depending On How You Use The Car Due To Fords Big Tollerance Specs

SlowSVT

Established Member
Do the sub-frames first. That will help preserve the body structual integrity. Stiff springs will do the opposite.

hawaiiancobra

Established Member
your not a vert. ? do the springs first, the change in handling will blow your mind. i am a vert. , i did my springs very first, felt the difference in handling, after the wood it gave me i stripped the whole damn everything that has to do with suspension and replaced all of everything thats under there, then added http://www.v8power.com/item--Engine...ystem-Zinc-94-04-Mustang-Cobra--KBP29550.html
my car being a vert had band-aid bolt-on sub frame connectors stock, might as well have never put them on from the factory cause the car twisted and flexed like a rubber band. the first time i launched in stock configuration it was quite entertaining to me, twist, flex, then sqat, lift and lauch, seemed like an eternity before the car finally took off.

MikeW

Established Member
HawaiianCobra are those copies of the Kenny Brown Matrix system? If so I may order them when I get subframes. I have a vert as well.

batfat

Established Member
Make sure the full length subframe connectors are welded on a drive-up hoist with the suspension loaded. Don't comprimise.

silvercoffin

Established Member
yeah

I would do the subs first. You wont notice any difference but it will keep the car in good shape. Then if you really want to do things right I would get DSS half shafts and an IRS brace if you dont have one already. Then you will know for sure that you aren't going to break down or find that nice little puddle of gear oil under your car one day.. or worse yet blow up (literally) your rear diff.

Thats what I did...but I learned the hard way with the IRS Brace..

You will break your half shafts...its just a matter of when..sooner if you race a lot or add more power to the car. Also depends on how smart you are about wheel hop..how you drive... although sometimes I get wheel hop on my burn out right at the beginning.... depends on the burnout box so I am happy to know the rear is stronger...and I only run 470hp

hawaiiancobra

Established Member
97topless snake said:
HawaiianCobra are those copies of the Kenny Brown Matrix system? If so I may order them when I get subframes. I have a vert as well.

those are not copies, they are the actual ones.
kenny brown sold this portion of his company to them.
they have taken over his shop also
all the same kb stuff is now available as before
these are not copies

McCOBRA, you must have a diff.cover brace first if you dont have yet

Last edited:

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
I would do the sfc's first. They will make a better foundation for the springs and all future suspension mods.

McCobra

(--)
Established Member
well thanks to Postbans suggestions ive started the red pill. ordered the irs brace, irs urethane diff bushings, irs brackets, and full length subs. i think thatll do for a while. let me know if there is something important im missing to go with this combo. thanks

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread