Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Dynomax

Votes: 6 2.9%
  • Ford Racing

Votes: 12 5.9%

• Total voters

TrickStang37

Established Member
why wasnt SLP Loudmouth put on the list?

where would that rank among the others in regards to loudness.

svt4cobra6

I have the mrt catted hpipe and the mag catback. When I first put the mag catback on I had the stock midpipe and it was not loud enough for me. The mrt catted hpipe made it much louder at throttle(just about right) but it is still quite at idle. the mrt catted hpipe is much lighter wieght and not as thick as the stock pipe so this makes it louder. Also I got the mrt hpipe on special, was still about 450 though.

chrisdf_382

Banned
not sure but

I have heard alot of exhaust clips in the internet and in person and I do not like some/most of the combos out there... HEll I do not like the combo I have but i keep it because the black coated 3 inch catback piping looks BOMB and i have not seen much of that style.. ...the only exhaust i really have heard and it did not sound raspy and slappy was a flowmaster exhaust, and I am a anti-flowmaster person... BUT as soon as I get me some Hooker Aero-Chamers and alter them.. they are going on my car.. PERIOD!!

Hooker aero-chambers are not made in the form to fit the cobra but if I buy them and cut and flip one of the inlet/outlet sides and weld it in place then weld it to the car..... .....I want to do it because the sound and flow chart is far better than most...especially flow! (hint: FlowDisaster)

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
I just had a Borla 14858 CB installed, and I LOVE it!!!!! I had Magnaflows welded into the stock CB that sounded good, but no where near as good as the Borla CB :)

Charles236

Established Member
I finally installed an MRT catted H pipe with the FR500 on my car, the sound is deep and throaty at idle. Cruising at 60-70 mph it is a deep rumble, not buzzy and not too loud to be able to have a conversation in the car with the windows up. No droning, and the only downside that I have seen so far is losing a little ground clearance.

Blacknblue

SVT G-Force Tester
Established Member
I have the quieter Borlas, which are plenty loud at wide open throttle, plus I get noticeably more power (I can break traction in 3rd and sometimes 4th) and about 10% better gas mileage! My Cobra finally sounds like a real muscle car. It is still not quite as loud as my wife's stock Z06 at high rpms, but thats OK. I have a nice low rpm rumble.

DOHC Holliday

robot clean
Established Member
Quick Strike said:
Like the FR 500 with mine, but I don't like a lot of noise.

+1

I'm with this guy.

The FR500 is the most unique sound you'll ever find. It just has a fine-tuned type of sound I've never heard with any other setups. And it's not as quiet as most describe either. Just smooth. :coolman:

DOHC Holliday

robot clean
Established Member
Blacknblue said:
It is still not quite as loud as my wife's stock Z06 at high rpms, but thats OK.

The stock C5 Z06 cat-back is my favorite. Ever. It gets even better with longtubes and a pair of high flows in front of it. :rockon:

Jagged Edge

Established Member
Borla Stinger CB half price

Alright !!! I had the Steeda exhaust installed and I like it.

I have a like new Borla Stinger Catback (model #140052) to sell for over 1/2 off. I am asking $350.00
JE

Cobra-21

I feel the need...
Established Member
Bump for a great deal.

Wow, you're going from one extreme to another ! From one of the loudest to one of the quietest...

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
The reason the SLP loudmouth hopefully isn't on here is because it's to got damn mother loud. There's a guy around louisville, ky. with a vert that thinks his is fast and he can drive. Well let me tell you what he does. In between runs he sits in the staging lanes just revving his car through the roof!! I mean at least half the time between runs. LOL Wouldn't it be smarter to let your car cool down than try to be a bad a** with that damn loud exhaust. I mean it is absolutely hideous. Just noise pollution to me!! In case you guys haven't caught on I really don't care for the car.

Users who are viewing this thread