Which engine builder to use??

Blown90LX

Established Member
I'm getting ready to do a built motor and have been hearing horror stories for just about every builder out there. Obviously, no one is perfect but I just wanted to get everyone's opinion. i'm looking for opinions from people who have had a motor done and if they are happy or not. Not looking for what people have read about someone elses experience (I have been reading a lot of those stories already). I have a teksid block already sitting and a set of heads (currently stock 04 heads). I'm looking to be in the 900 hp range. Money is not really a concern, but I don't want to get beat over the head. I know this will be an expensive build. I just want to make sure I use the right person for the build/port work. Thanks in advance for any help.

intermatic

Established Member
if you have a shop that you typically take to install goodies/tune your car, ask them if they reccommend anyone or know of a reputable mod motor builder. I was in the same boat and my shop pointed me to a local engine builder who happens to have been working with mod motors for 40 years and was a top notch/quality shop. I ended up going with him and am very happy with the new motor and haven't had any problems.

Blown90LX

Established Member
Thanks guys. Keep them coming. The shop I go to uses Tim Matherly which is who I am leaning towards but not sold on it yet. Just wanted to see what else was out there and what peoples experiences were on top of all that I have been reading. Just trying to do some homework.

intermatic

Established Member
Thanks guys. Keep them coming. The shop I go to uses Tim Matherly which is who I am leaning towards but not sold on it yet. Just wanted to see what else was out there and what peoples experiences were on top of all that I have been reading. Just trying to do some homework.

make sure you make a build thread once you get the ball rollin'!

ctgreddy

Established Member
I'm a little biased because I work there but Livernois is also someone you should really consider. We do a lot of mod work and seeing first hand how good our builder/machiner are and the equipment we use I can promise you wouldn't be dissapointed. Would atleast be worth giving a call to one of our sales guys to get some quotes, if you decide to call ask for Jason as he is the motor guy when it comes to sales.

svtshadow

Banned
if you have a shop that you typically take to install goodies/tune your car, ask them if they reccommend anyone or know of a reputable mod motor builder. I was in the same boat and my shop pointed me to a local engine builder who happens to have been working with mod motors for 40 years and was a top notch/quality shop. I ended up going with him and am very happy with the new motor and haven't had any problems.

OH REALLLLLLY.... How the **** has that engine builder been working on Mod motors for 40 years? Mod motors are barely hitting 20 years since the first one was made!!!!

Last edited:

intermatic

Established Member
OH REALLLLLLY.... How the **** has that engine builder been working on Mod motors for 40 years? Mod motors are barely hitting 20 years since the first one was made!!!!

well, working on engine building..mod motors specifically since they came out

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread