Which drag tire would you choose?????

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
I really don't want to go with 15 inch rims seeing that I am already set up with 17s currently.

Well I have my Mickey ETs streets 275s on currently. I just really think they don't have enough bite to them. I really want a little more bite, BUT I really want to keep the 17s. I really don't care about not driving it on the streets because I also have a set of 18s that I use.

So my question is would you go with a larger ET Streets
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?CP=1&part=MTT-3745R&N=700%200&Ntt=MTT~3743%20or%20MTT~3743R%20or%20MTT~3745R&Ntk=&rsview=sku&Ns=P_SRE_DisplayPrice|1

Or would you go with the Bias Ply ET Street (I heard they have a little more bite to them)
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?CP=1&part=MTT-3743&N=700%200&Ntt=MTT~3743%20or%20MTT~3743R%20or%20MTT~3745R&Ntk=&rsview=sku&Ns=P_SRE_DisplayPrice|1

Just looking for a little direction... Thanks :beer::beer::beer:

Al

Last edited:

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Or would you go with the Bias Ply ET Street (I heard they have a little more bite to them)
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?CP=1&part=MTT-3743&N=700%200&Ntt=MTT~3743%20or%20MTT~3743R%20or%20MTT~3745R&Ntk=&rsview=sku&Ns=P_SRE_DisplayPrice|1

Just looking for a little direction... Thanks :beer::beer::beer:

Al

There you go.
A little more bite?
Big difference.

These are not DRs and I wouldn't drive them on the street.
M5 compound? lol
These are slicks with a couple groves in them.

Last edited:

epracmetcon

Established Member
I really don't want to go with 15 inch rims seeing that I am already set up with 17s currently.

Well I have my Mickey ETs streets 275s on currently. I just really think they don't have enough bite to them. I really want a little more bite, BUT I really want to keep the 17s. I really don't care about not driving it on the streets because I also have a set of 18s that I use.

Al

If you have another set of tires for the street get 15's or even 16's. You cant have REAL good hook and a 17" tire with a banger car. More sidewall the better.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
If you have another set of tires for the street get 15's or even 16's. You cant have REAL good hook and a 17" tire with a banger car. More sidewall the better.

I agree, but if you really want to keep the 17s then the ET Streets are the way to go.

Even the 17s have a 2 ply wrinkle wall. Just not as much as a 15. lol

BTW,

I have a set of 32X14.5X15s you can have but you better start cutting the inner fenders.

Tx_Diablous

I build them she drives
Established Member
If you have the guts to rip a daily driver just get a set of rims and slicks, change them out at the track and you will hook all you have guts for.....works for me...but never really had the guts to rip it as much as the slicks could handle.....Working on a track only car....lol

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
why is the shipping date on the MIckey et street not until june, is there a shortage of them, i would look to get them somewhere else

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
If you have the guts to rip a daily driver just get a set of rims and slicks, change them out at the track and you will hook all you have guts for.....works for me...but never really had the guts to rip it as much as the slicks could handle.....Working on a track only car....lol

I really wish I could but I have 17 inch fr500s and 18 inch black chrome 03's. I really don't want 3 sets of rims. I know I'm a dumbass, but I have to go with what I have. I'll try the et streets. Hey at least they look like slicks..:pepper:

Users who are viewing this thread