Which Degree?

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
CRNA is now RN school, 4 years critcal care and then anesthesia school...and it a phd deal now...

Im thinkin of adding a healthcare admin degree to my RN degree

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
CRNA is now RN school, 4 years critcal care and then anesthesia school...and it a phd deal now...

Im thinkin of adding a healthcare admin degree to my RN degree

I forget, they made that a PhD a few years ago.

Roses are red, violets are blue, @SSSSSSSSSSSSVT wants to suck Trump’s dick, and he wants to blow you too.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
I forget, they made that a PhD a few years ago.

Its been a couple two tree...lol.
If i werent content where im at and were not closer to 50 than 40 lol...id consider anesthesia school...but man i got kids in school now and am busy enough. Lol...plus im far enough in debt with my new house lol

Call me Chief

Established Member
This^. My last company paid for and provided time for me to get a Systems Engineering certificate from Cal-Tech. It helped me leave them for the competition and about 100% more money.
Richard Branson said “Train people well enough so they can leave, but treat them well enough so they don’t want to”. Looks like your previous employer missed some of that.

Fat Boss

Established Member
Richard Branson said “Train people well enough so they can leave, but treat them well enough so they don’t want to”. Looks like your previous employer missed some of that.

The old company had promoted one of my collegues to Director of the group and he was very much into being everything to everyone. He had us doing the job of Supply Chain when we were a new products manufacturing engineering group. Nice guy, but a terrible manager.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
Take what ever you think is best going to further your career but do not miss the opportunity for a paid for education

JAJ

Rapidly Losing Interest
Established Member
The way I look at it is, is the IT degree worth it over certifications? Would I be more attractive as a candidate with the Applied Business and Technology Solutions and some IT certs? Or an IT degree?

Like I said, I enjoy what I do now with no plans fora career change. But, what could make me highly desirable in about 10-15 years when I start contemplating retirement and consult work to supplement retirement and traveling.

Roses are red, violets are blue, @SSSSSSSSSSSSVT wants to suck Trump’s dick, and he wants to blow you too.
I think it's worth thinking about because it'll put you in an interesting position. People who matter will look at you not as a tech guru, but a skilled and experienced practitioner in whatever field you're in now who actually understands how data and security work in that field. These days, every business is a data business. The long-term value comes from the combo of the two skillsets and that combo is what'll get you hired to consult later on.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I figured I’d give this an update.

As of yesterday, I am in the BS IT program.

Orientation is finished, I have a math competency exam to take, and gonna start with one course this summer.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread