Which combo are YOU running? (pulley+chip+cai)

32ValveSymphony

Established Member
I posted a thread a while back about my concerns with a slight stumble my car has at lower RPM's after my pulley and chip install. You can read it here : http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44209

It has been suggested that the reason my car has a noticeable stumble/miss from approximately 1500 to 2500 RPM's is because the Densecharger has too many bends in it and is causing turbulence in the airflow, thus causing the MAF to go haywire. My Densecharger is one of the earlier ones, in the down position, stock MAF position. I have not yet trimmed the gasket, but it's on the to-do list.

I was curious as to which CAI those of you with an upper pulley are running, and if your car has a miss in the lower RPM range? All my mods are listed in the signature, and I DO have a miss. Thanks :thumbsup:

Also, could you list your plugs and gap?

Last edited:

hj16

Established Member
RR 2.90
AR chip
AR CAI

No problems whatsoever. Idles perfectly at 750rpms, and has never stumbled.

32ValveSymphony

Established Member
Supposedly the idea is that the straight designs, like AR and Steeda, are supposed to help with the problem, whereas the fenderwell mounted filters cause the problem. I want to hear of someone with a straight-off-the-MAF CAI with a stumble! :read:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by 32ValveSymphony
I posted a thread a while back about my concerns with a slight stumble my car has at lower RPM's after my pulley and chip install. You can read it here : http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44209

It has been suggested that the reason my car has a noticeable stumble/miss from approximately 1500 to 2500 RPM's is because the Densecharger has too many bends in it and is causing turbulence in the airflow, thus causing the MAF to go haywire. My Densecharger is one of the earlier ones, in the down position, stock MAF position. I have not yet trimmed the gasket, but it's on the to-do list.

I was curious as to which CAI those of you with an upper pulley are running, and if your car has a miss in the lower RPM range? All my mods are listed in the signature, and I DO have a miss. Thanks :thumbsup:

Also, could you list your plugs and gap?

I really dont think its ur CAI. After my Upper, Plug & Reburn i had that episode. Still have a slight one still but better then before.

Mine is the result from an Exhaust leak.

bunk22

Established Member
Densecharger in down position/maf at 12 o'clock
No chip, I use the Afterburner.

Absolutely no problems at idle or acceleration. No hesitation or stumble as well.

Last edited:

aubyn97

Established Member
upr 2.8 gates belt
steeda cia
bassani catted X and catback
delta chip
461rwhp/477rwtq SAE

car runs perfect, i had one problem with my chip i bought it from rpm outlet. car dyno at 404rwhp/434rwtq SAE,i had my chip checked at my local shop and found out the chip had know ticks on it (no program on it) got my chip tuned and dyno and what a BIG difference

BEWARE OF RPM OUTLET i could of lost my engine

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
Tons and tons of mods....all on my webpage...no problems at all...
over 20 lbs of boost too..
2.8 ...w/ 6 lb lower ..Diablosport...SFP Powerstack CAI....etc etc etc

www.HotRodHarrys.com

Users who are viewing this thread