which color

kumasvt

Established Member
was wondering I now have a black 03 convert anniv cobra but car has a bad case of the water spotting its pretty much a hopeless case dealer has come down to saying the only way to fix it would be to paint it, and replace all the windows. I have just bought the car 2 weeks ago. Yes it did have the spots when I bought it but I really did not know that they were embedded into the clear coat. So after a consitant bitching they are wanting to replace the car for an 04.

my question should I get another black and I'am contaplating the orange convert
black or orange
anyone know what the production numbers are suppose to be on the orange:coolman:

L3thal 324

Established Member
i say stick with the 10th anniversary edition and tell them to fix it. but other than that an orange coupe would be bad ass!!

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
anyone know what the production numbers are suppose to be on the orange

Far fewer than black I'm sure. Go with whatever color you like. I'm sure you know that black is one of the hardest colors to keep looking clean. But when it is it does look killer.

kumasvt

Established Member
well they don't want to repaint it, or replace the windows theygot the car from another dealer and they are going to try to back to them for i believe the damage and when you repaint over the factory paint it causes diminishing value and has to disclosed upon resale in the future.
I'am thinking about the fact that their might be less orange colors made in 04 and it will also be the last of this platform. possibly the last cobra for quite sometime

MaximumSVT

Embrace your fears
Established Member
Premium Member
I can't believe they would rather replace the car than just repaint it. I had a blemish on the driver's side front fender that I noticed after I had bought my car. The paint turned to an orangish color then back to yellow, about 6 inches in diameter. The body shop totally f-ed up my paint and I demanded it be brought to a shop I picked. About 80% of my car was repainted under warrenty due to color matching problems from the previous shop.

kumasvt

Established Member
the car has water spotting imbeded into the glass even 0000 steel wool does nothing I have buffed the car several times even washed it in vinegar clay bared it twice and it has reduced it greatly but at night under the lights are if you look at it at an angle you can still see the spots. the windshield is pretty bad at oncoming traffic at night.
Customer service at ford made the call to replace it.
Their exact decision on numbers and everything else has not been determined yet. I should find out that tomorrow.
They have a black convert just come off the truck and a orange convert black is hard to keep clean and do not want to have to run into this problem again.

99cobraclone

Established Member
go with the orange man, everyone has black its the most common color. Don't get me wrong I love black, its just not different though.

TRDNiteLife

UVBNBIT
Established Member
If you go with orange, do some type of black accenting. Otherwise it's just too much orange...

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
Originally posted by TRDNiteLife
If you go with orange, do some type of black accenting. Otherwise it's just too much orange...

I think he's considering a 'vert, so the black of the top would help out with that.

IMO, the orange looks better when it is very clean (like all other colors I'm sure), but I've seen some that were not spotless & wasn't really impressed with the color. The do photograph well tho. We went to a local auto show &
ford had a orange Mach there. I looked at it, took a pic & forgot about it until I check the pic on the PC. Looked better than I remembered it did in person.

Again, just my .02

ModsAway

Established Member
I vote Orange as well, it would be so drasticaly different then most cars out there (if getting attention is your goal anyway lol).

Personally I got the more subdued colour due to my occupation, no need for attracting attention.... oh wait I changed my exhaust... ah well can't win em all.

03Red10th

Kenne Bell Cobra
Established Member
Go with the Comp Orange. It's brand new and you won't have the hassles and headaches of wait around while the black one's repainted. Just my .02. Good luck with whatever decision you make.

kumasvt

Established Member
yeah going with the 04 competetion orange convert with the machined wheels picking it up tommorow night. dealer can have this black headache back I love black but this has been the worst black vehicle I have ever had.:coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread