Which clutch kit should I buy ...

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
If I were pushing that power, based on the reviews on this site, my pro shop and a few people I have spoken with the Spec 3+ sounds and 26 spline setup sounds optimal. I would also highly consider a revised TOB and sleeve (I think lethal makes a revised one). I have a DFX setup that I like, but sounds like chatter for daily driving is less of an issue with the spec's, and there have been numerous people here lately that have had their DFX take dumps on them with that power level.

SVT904COBRA

Established Member
I have the centerforce dual friction clutch kit with the fidanza aluminum flywheel. It is such a difference from the stock. When putting in the new clutch would also recommend the Fiore Quadrant kit with the adjuster for when your clutch breaks in so that you can set it where you feel confortable.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
WynkoopBK said:
For a 600-700hp Terminator?

I hear good things about Centerforce DFX.

Honestly the best way to pick out a clutch is to call one of us and we can speak with you about your goals and style of driving and what clutches we have that are geared specific to your needs. I'd love to type out a whole manifest on clutches but I'm beat and I definitely feel we can better assist you over the phone. When you have a chance give us a call at the shop and we can go through everything with you and that way you will feel much more comfortable when choosing a clutch. Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you. Jared@Lethal

TheFleshRocket

Likes to drive sideways.
Established Member
SVT904COBRA said:
I have the centerforce dual friction clutch kit with the fidanza aluminum flywheel. It is such a difference from the stock. When putting in the new clutch would also recommend the Fiore Quadrant kit with the adjuster for when your clutch breaks in so that you can set it where you feel confortable.

I thought clutch engagement could be adjusted without the need of an aftermarket quadrant or adjuster. :??:

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
TheFleshRocket said:
I thought clutch engagement could be adjusted without the need of an aftermarket quadrant or adjuster. :??:

It really can't be done properly with the stock stuff. If you're going to put in a $350+ new clutch you really should spend the extra few bucks for the aftermarket adjuster kit. The Fiore is our best seller and is always in stock. It will ensire proper adjustment of the new clutch and help prevent premature wear as well. Hope that helps. Jared@Lethal

SlowSVT

Established Member
03yllwguy said:
If I were pushing that power, based on the reviews on this site, my pro shop and a few people I have spoken with the Spec 3+ sounds and 26 spline setup soundve s optimal. I would also highly consider a revised TOB and sleeve (I think lethal makes a revised one). I have a DFX setup that I like, but sounds like chatter for daily driving is less of an issue with the spec's, and there have been numerous people here lately that have had their DFX take dumps on them with that power level.

What is a "revised Throw Out Bearing"?

Unless this is something new that I have not heard of yet. I did a fair amount of inquirey and investigation and my conclusion is that the design of the Ford and aftermarket TOB's suck!

I hope I'm wrong

Users who are viewing this thread