Which CCS pads for new paint

SnkBit

Established Member
Which CCS pads would you guys recommend using for a new paint job? I wanna use the porter cable on my buddys bike I just painted. But im not sure which pads to order. We are just finishing up the final coats of clear this week and will start wet sanding in about a couple weeks. Normally I would just use my rotary buffer, but its kinda big to use on a bike. But im not sure which pads to get for the pc for buffing out a sanded finish. Talk to me porter cable veterans!

danponjican

Established Member
Grab an orange ccs and a white ccs. Cut with a compound with the orange (try Megs M105) and finish with the white with a polish like M205.

lancec2c30

I just gagged
Established Member
+1 with what he said. Only thing I can add is if you have the option to run a 4in pad, I would do so with the orange cutting pad.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
If you're working on a bike you'll only want the 4" pads anyway.

Orange and white should do you fine; but you might as well get the kit with all the pads and backing plate as well.

Tispho

Established Member
I would pick up two blue CCS pads as well. One for final, and one for wax. From my experience I can never finish with white no matter how slow I go.

Then again you are using an orbital, I use a rotary.

Last edited:

SnkBit

Established Member
I would pick up two blue CCS pads as well. One for final, and one for wax. From my experience I can never finish with white no matter how slow I go.

Then again you are using an orbital, I use a rotary.

Thanks for the tip. Wish I could use my rotary, its just too big to get in all the small places on the plastics.

Users who are viewing this thread