Which car would you rather own, C63 or M3, (DCT)

Which car would you rather buy (USED)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Exterior Styling
renntech-mercedes-c63-amg-photo.jpg

BMW%2BM3%2B2.jpg

Interior
2009-mercedes-benz-c-class-interior.jpg

2008-bmw-m3-dct-interior.jpg

Exhaust note, (aftermarket catback)
[youtube_browser]UoXAp_8z02E[/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]dfa0YesVSYc[/youtube_browser]

C63 Pros
Faster stock and modified
Aggressive ass exhaust tone
Big motor = flatter power curve

Cons
Interior dash plastic is ridiculously cheap for a nearly $70k car
Automatic trans shifts on the slower side, makes paddle shifters almost pointless.

M3 Pros
Coupe is affordable now
DCT, (dual clutch sequential transmission)
8300rpm redline, (the sounds above 7500rpms :bowdown:)
Precise handling

Cons
Expensive to modify and see significant gains
No low-end grunt / peaky power curve

Drew1204

Established Member
I own a 2010 m3 dct and its been awesome. No issues at all. I will upgrade to the new m3 in a few years and buy used for a good deal. Also, the pictures of the c63 aren't up to date :) the new interior is MUCH better and the exterior looks better too.

Niko_Fx

K51 Z33
Established Member
My buddy drives a '13 C350 Coupe with 300ish hp and is one hell of a nice ride... the interior is just beautiful, vast improvement.

Between the two cars listed on the poll (2009 models) I would take the M3 any day.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
I own a 2010 m3 dct and its been awesome. No issues at all. I will upgrade to the new m3 in a few years and buy used for a good deal. Also, the pictures of the c63 aren't up to date :) the new interior is MUCH better and the exterior looks better too.

Wish I could afford a new one. Both are 2009 models.

NA_Cobra

Established Member
C63, tune only will add 50-55hp and it looks nicer on the exterior, but the M3 wins on the interior.

the 63 will put a smile on your face, while the M3 will have you asking yourself, where's the torque.

Darko

Burn-N-Out
Established Member
I ran a stock C63 and it was an even race. I've ran down modded M3's. I'd vote for the Benz. But IMO there both very nice cars. I also like that the Benz has 4 doors.

Last edited:

firstbite

Kid Rock
Established Member
Okay, I had mean green cobra 99, now I have a 09 C63. Think of the m3 like scalpel and think of the c63 as a sledgehammer.... Both can be very effective, one is just messier. I'll keep my C

BRIZZOK84

Established Member
First off, I was say that both cars are great. If you want a better track car for road racing go with the M3 because it is a coup with lighter wight. If you want a car that can do everything go with the C63.

This is a question that has been asked a lot on MBworld, and in all depends on what your going to do with the car. Many people on MBworld do track days in there C63 and put up very impressive times in. H&R makes a coil-over kit that really increases grip in turns and exiting turns.

The motors have big potential for power. Example MHP makes a 7.0L kit that make something like 650 RWHP. A supercharger-ed C63 makes around 600 rwhp and westtech has three levels. If you added a tune to the car most tuners can speed up the transmission to shift quicker but the normal pogroming of the transmission is very fast at around 150 milliseconds. Having four doors is nice if you ever have to drive your parents around or take some friends home from a nigh of drinking.
I would suggest you go with this type of exhaust with is Akrapovic.
RENNtech C63 with Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust System - YouTube

Look at how sweet you can make one look with just wheels and coil over kit.
One added plus to the AMG is that it come with big brakes unlike the M3.
1zne3h.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.usIMG
pwjc9h.jpg
MG]http://imageshack.us/a/img594/9392/1r1teh.jpg[/IMG]
znhomh.jpg
2knryh.jpg

Last edited:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
i see so many of those M3s around here that its pretty much just :sleeping: when i do (except when theyre tastefully well modded).

when i do see a C63, even in stock trim, im :dancenana:

for me, either one would pretty much just be a street car and i think the amg is just perfect for that. such a badass car! :bowdown:

SVTPete83

Established Member
Personally I see tons of both. If I had my choice I would go rs5. No doubt in my mind. Just gotta get them to ship to America!

fleshmcfilth123

Established Member
Conflicted about this...if I'm going German it would be nice to have a high revving handling beast but that C63 is like a muscle car with a Mercedes body...

Almighty-One

^_^
Established Member
My mom drives an 2012 C250 and it is an amazing amount of fun and it would only get better with the 6.3 and AMG parts so I'll go MB for sure

but I do favor the looks of the M3 if it was between the pictures in the OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread