Which car to heavily mod?

#1pony

Established Member
I know this is opinion based but that is why I am asking. My dad and I want to build a really fast street/strip car. Our goal is around 700rwhp and torque, so we are leaning towards a turbo setup. We would do everything suspension, braking, engine, drive train, body, etc... I have a bone stock 95 Cobra but lately I have been leaning towards a notchback. Which car would you use and why? Any advice, expertise, or experience with either of these cars would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

cobra4v

Hooked On SVT
Established Member
SaleenSpeed said:
Notch. Nothings meaner than a clean notchback, regardless of how pretty they aren't.
Lol...they sure aren't the prettiest but a turbo or s/c notch is very intimidating.

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
Notches can be beautiful or fugly, there's not too much in betweens with them.

It really depends on what you want. If you're gonna gut it, then the body really doesn't matter. Do you ever want to road race it? If so, then I'd go with the SN. If you want a sleeper, the notch weighs 3000lbs stock. With full interior and a cage, you could probably keep it under 3300lbs and it be a freaking bullet. If you want to keep it fuel injected, I know that some of the SN cars computers give people a lot of trouble, and some don't. The A9L's and A9P's seem to adapt pretty well to mods on a consistent basis.

A bone stock 95' cobra in good condition with low mileage is still worth a decent amount of money as well and most likely won't gain the value an old notch would with an insane amount of mods.

Good luck with whatever you decide to you.

#1pony

Established Member
Thanks for the advice. I really like the notchs and have seen a few that looked awesome. I mainly want this car to be fast and look good, but then again, isn't that what we all want? I'm gonna look around for a notch and see what I can find. Thanks again.

Luckyeod28

major league infidel
Established Member
Get the notch, I wouldn't do to much cutting up on your '95 unless you have too.

Users who are viewing this thread