Which car seat fits?

11dsgGT

Established Member
I am going to have to buy a rear facing seat to replace my Greco infant seat. Since there are so many I wanted to know what everyone else uses. Space in the rear of these cars is very limited, so I am looking for one that doesn't require the passenger seat to be pushed forward too much and is dual purpose for when I have to change it into a forward facing seat in a couple of years.

13BremboGT

Established Member
I've got the Recaro ProSport Combination Booster. Fits in the back seat great and I can put my 2 (about to be 3) year-old daughter in it and still have room for myself or my wife to sit in the front passengers seat.

prosport_sable.jpg

If your kids are really small and you need a rear-facing seat....good luck.

11dsgGT

Established Member
Yes, I am in need of a rear facing seat that fits! My daughter is 10months and only weighs 18lbs but is really long so I need to find a rear facing seat until she gets older.

Children from about 1yr to 2yr's stay in rear facing seats before you are supposed to go to a forward facing seat, right?

Last edited:

poof100

Established Member
I've got the Recaro ProSport Combination Booster. Fits in the back seat great and I can put my 2 (about to be 3) year-old daughter in it and still have room for myself or my wife to sit in the front passengers seat.

prosport_sable.jpg

If your kids are really small and you need a rear-facing seat....good luck.

Ditto on this, I have the same seat in my Boss for my daughter and she loves riding in it. My younger son doesn't ride in the car yet as he has to be rear facing and that makes the front seat useless.

pohnjarker

Established Member
Children from about 1yr to 2yr's stay in rear facing seats before you are supposed to go to a forward facing seat, right?

i think it varies by state and depends on the weight of the kid. check the laws in your state for that info.

good luck on your search, those rear facing seats a big as shit and take up a lot of room. :beer:

poof100

Established Member
i think it varies by state and depends on the weight of the kid. check the laws in your state for that info.

good luck on your search, those rear facing seats a big as shit and take up a lot of room. :beer:

We moved our daughter from rear facing to front facing a little after she was 1. Some say to keep them rear facing until after 2 now, but she was uncomfortable and is tall. Those big seats rear facing take up a lot of space like this guy says.

We have both Britax and Recaro car seats and both are nice, the Recaro has some nicer features but it's a little harder to get in on the latches versus the Britax ones. My son is still in the chico baby seat that goes in the stroller and that doesn't fit in my mustang on the base.

TRDon

Established Member
I have a graco too but to maximize room, i dont mount the base in he car and just use the seatbelt on the carrier. It gives quite a few extra inches for the passenger. It isnt great but it works and my wife fits in front of it.

Users who are viewing this thread