Which Car Alarm System?

svtcobrar2004

Established Member
BLK03SVT10TH said:
You don't want to do a Keyless Start on a car with a Manual Transmission. Not a good idea.

that is a no no, if you leave it in gear and you auto start your car and it could lead to bad news.

blair6389

Established Member
i have a viper w/an autostart, i use it everyday w/o a problem, it lets my car warm up b4 i go rippen on it.

Oh and if i do happen to leave it in gear , i tested it, it jums about 1-2 feet at most w/the ebrake up not even fully.

If you do get the viper alarm system just get the shock sensor dont get the motion, i had it, its way to annoying

blair6389

Established Member
If i knew i'd tell ya, all i know is when i baught the car i had no idea i never had to use the clutch , then my buddy who istalls alarm systems and stereos tells me the clutch / saftey switch is bypassed and i no longer need to use the clutch to start it.

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
My friend has a viper alarm w/ auto start on his manual car... As long as it's not it gear it's fine... But I still wouldn't waste my money on that crap..

Ryushin

Established Member
Actually Compustar is one of the very few that makes a safe remote start for a manual transmission. I have tw of the Compustar Pro 2WSSR and one Compustar 2WSSR. The two way pager is excellent and the one mile range is fantastic.

The remote star works in this method for manual cars. You park you car, pull up the emergency brake, take the key out of the ignition (the car will still be running), get of of the car and close the door. The car will then shut itself off and arm itself. This way the alarm knows the transmission is not in gear and it can't safely start it when you tell it to.

Lets say you forgot something in the car and you disarm the alarm, and open the door. As soon as you open the door, the alarm can't be sure if you put it in gear or not, and it won't let you remote start it unless you start the car and go through the whole above procedure again.

Another alarm is called EasyCar . It's made by one of the founders of Compustar. It looks like a superior product, but I don't know if the company will be around. Compustar is established and I now they will be around for a very long time.

dirty k

Established Member
i have a clifford w/ autostart. in order to do autostart on the clifford system, you park, pull up the e brake, take foot off pedals, push a button to engage the autostart, then take the key out. As with the compustar mentioned the car will run till you arm the alarm. You can enable autostart w/ it in gear.

MattHendrickson

SVTP Junkie
Established Member
Ryushin said:
Actually Compustar is one of the very few that makes a safe remote start for a manual transmission. I have tw of the Compustar Pro 2WSSR and one Compustar 2WSSR. The two way pager is excellent and the one mile range is fantastic.

The remote star works in this method for manual cars. You park you car, pull up the emergency brake, take the key out of the ignition (the car will still be running), get of of the car and close the door. The car will then shut itself off and arm itself. This way the alarm knows the transmission is not in gear and it can't safely start it when you tell it to.

Lets say you forgot something in the car and you disarm the alarm, and open the door. As soon as you open the door, the alarm can't be sure if you put it in gear or not, and it won't let you remote start it unless you start the car and go through the whole above procedure again.

Another alarm is called EasyCar . It's made by one of the founders of Compustar. It looks like a superior product, but I don't know if the company will be around. Compustar is established and I now they will be around for a very long time.

yeah i got the compu star on my civic hathback im still trying to figure out how to use the auto start (lost the little booklet)

blair6389

Established Member
If you can get a sweet deal on a viper one , i would get it... people may say its a waste of money but i just hit the button in the winter and let my car car sit at idle for 5-10 min... also the lock/unlock button works wayyyy further then the stock piece, plus it comes w/the pager.

SoCalHarley

SC32VGT
Established Member
Viper 5000 here... I don't have remote start but I do have the window module which powers the windows up when locking and down remotely when you want... really good alarm.

Users who are viewing this thread