• 05up Ford Mustang GT

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • 06up Volkswagen GTI

Votes: 5 13.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kball

Banned
Might be getting rid of my baby. Which one would you go to next out of the 3? Any experiences good or bad for any of them are welcome/appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Stealth7

Established Member
i think the GTI's look like a turd. i see too many S197's out there so theyve just become normal. i always comment when i see a GTO though.

but it depends on what youre looking for, for fun? get the GTO. for frugality? get the GTI, theyre not bad cars, just dont get an overpriced new one.

kball

Banned
How much you selling for... In utah so i'm not to far.

I'd be looking to sell for $37-38K.

i think the GTI's look like a turd. i see too many S197's out there so theyve just become normal. i always comment when i see a GTO though.

but it depends on what youre looking for, for fun? get the GTO. for frugality? get the GTI, theyre not bad cars, just dont get an overpriced new one.

I just need to get something with a cheaper monthly payment. I want something I can still mod though with reliability as well.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
i wouldn't get any of those. How about an 03-04 cobra or a used evo/sti

Word- For a DD I'd rock an STI/EVO. How bout a used RS4 or A4? IF you must get a Vdub at least get the R32. Those can be silly fast with the right mods. Lets see- Mazda Speed, SVT Foci, Skittle or Cobalt SS are also options if you want a smaller DD commuter type of ride. If fuel economy isn't an issue I'd say an LS1 or as DGussin suggested an 03/04 Cobra. There are a ton of options out there. Get the one that's most mod friendly within your budget and rock it bro:beer:

Last edited:

LedVenom281

Zoso
Established Member
None of the above.

If you want to stay in the BMWs then I'd go for an 07/08 335i E92 and put a PROcede V3 with full exhaust and run mid to low 12s and be happy.

If you want power 03/04 Cobra hands down. Amazing car.

If you want power with some creature comforts and handling then I'd go C6 'Vette. They're giving them away these days.

Hope this helps.

**EDIT***
I just read one of your responses and it looks like you want lower payments and modability.

EASY! 2003/4 Cobra HANDS DOWN!

Damn I miss that car. Be warned, the 03/04 Cobras are very addicting and not easy to rid of.

Last edited:

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Winter time is coming to Colorado man, you sure you want a high power rear wheel drive? I have 2 friends in Springs that drive lightly modded S4's and they get along pretty well and they are decent fast. 13's in 10k DA air isn't all that bad.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Get an Evo IX. It has one of the biggest aftermarket support of any car.

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
GTO. It will ease you into the muscle car market, since you will be utterly disappointed in most american interiors after the 135.

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
I will say

get an STI call it a day.
and if you are unsure on that decision, just watch this

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs-jAImScms"]YouTube - Ken Block Gymkhana Practice[/ame]

and that should settle any questions..

kball

Banned
Thanks for all the recommendations/comments. I'm looking to keep the price under $25K financed, including whatever money is leftover after I got rid of the 135i. The reason I'm considering selling is back when I ordered, things(money) was great. Then right after I picked her up, my wife quit her full time job making good money. She hated it there, but it paid well. I supported her because we were kicking off our own business at the same time. Well, now she has 3 part time jobs and our business hasn't kicked off like we thought it would. So, we have gone through our savings and now just trying to keep afloat. I love my car, but it is just a car. I would rather get into something cheaper that I still want than to rarely see my wife at home with her working 3 jobs.

Users who are viewing this thread