Which bulbs

Mike Gnolfo

Gimme Fuel
Established Member
9007 headlights

and

9145 for fogs

Which bulbs do you all run but not HID's...

I want to get a brighter, whiter bulbs in my Terminator and am going to get PIAA Extreme White Plus or Sylvania Silverstars

anyone have advice or pics?

Thanks !

Last edited:

- Aj -

Established Member
I have Silverstars. Pretty good, better than stock. Got them in my low beams and fogs.

rmgtc01

Established Member
I use silverstars 9007 for my headlights and 9005's for my fogs ( just cut off one of the plastic keys)

Matt M PA

Established Member
I too went to the 9005s in the fogs in both my Ex and Cobra. Makes a nice improvement. Power usage is slighly higher, but I have noticed no ill effects in well over a year on both vehicles.

Matt M PA

Established Member
Mike...I understand your concern about the power. There's a simple equation/theory of figuring the power used versus lamp wattage.

The stock 9145, 45 (maybe 42W?) watt 9145s draw 3.75 AMPs. (Wattage divided by voltage).

The 9005 60W draw 5. So, we're seeing a power difference of 1.25 - 1.5 AMPS. Very slight.

When I first installed mine, I only put one in and used an Infrared Thermometer to check temps of the wiring and plug. No difference noted between stock and 9005. There was a slight rise in lens temp..but the car was sitting still.

I know some folks are worried about the fog light switch..but a relay handles the power the switch merely trips the relay.

Users who are viewing this thread