Which brands make slip fit long tube headers?

ti-force

Established Member
Just purchased a wrecked 03 Cobra and I'm trying to figure out what brand long tube headers are on the car. I've looked around for brand stamping or plate, but with them still on the car I can't tell. They have some type of slip fit design down near the collector. I'll try to snap a couple pictures if you guys think it would help the identification process. I'm hoping the slip fit design for 03 04 Cobra's is some type of proprietary design used by only one company so that it's easy for you guys to tell me who made them.

Thanks

Quick Strike

Established Member
Kooks have one tube that slip fits on each side. It allows access to the bolts for the other tubes. Does the collector end in a ball?

ti-force

Established Member
Pictures:

rps20130512_172616.jpg

rps20130512_172642.jpg

ti-force

Established Member
And I've been thinking these were long tubes the whole time lol... I looked under a friends cobra swap today and his are the same length as the ones on my wrecked one, and he has mid lengths, too. They look just like mine and his are Bassani. Looking upwards under his car on the lift I was able to see "bx" on the flanges, so I looked under my car again and I can't see bx anywhere, wish I could get it on the lift for a better angle. Oh well, I'll find out soon enough when the engine comes out.

It just looks like it would leak where the slip joint is. Do you guys have any experience with these and could tell me whether they are prone to leakage or not? I'm trying to decide on whether to run these or put stock manifolds on it. I really don't want to spent lots of time fixing an exhaust leak in the near future after the install. Especially since they look like they would be aggravating to work with and around while installed on the engine with the engine in the car.

Thanks guys

Users who are viewing this thread