• Quaker State

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • Other

Votes: 23 3.1%

• Total voters

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
RP 5w20 been wondering about using 5w30... any ideas better or worse?

yeah really, Ive read this whole thread and now I'm even more confused. I just bought my cobra and now I'm debating between mobile 5-20 and 5-30 synthetic, and RP 5-20 and 5-30 synthetic.

originally was going to go with mobile 5-20 syn. but:shrug:.....to many decsions.

anybody prefer wix filters over mobile filters? (yeah I just tossed that in there too)

AaronK

Established Member
Roayl Purple works just fine for me. I don't think it's any better or worse than Mobil1 or Amsoil. I get RP for free, so that's what I use :)

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
just put in mobile 1 5-20 full synthetic and mobile 1 filter......we'll see!

SLPRCTM

Established Member
Amsoil and a System-1 oil filter. The System-1 makes it nice because it filters out more to a smaller particulate level and you can partially inspect your internal parts everytime you clean the oil filter by checking for metalic material in your oil. The filter is a little pricey but you only have to purchace one and it is cheap compared to a whole new motor. A budy of mine just switched from Redline to Amsoil in his stock-car about 6 months ago and noticed a drop in engine temp during events. Less friction=less heat....
Thinking about puting a pre-luber assembly on the motor. It gives you 50psi of oil pressure before you even start the motor. I have it already and was intended for another motor but plans have changed.

Savn4Mods

You serious Clark?
Established Member
As for the age old question of which brand of oil to run...seeing is believeing right? I have a buddy who bought his Mustang GT new in 2000. He ran Mobil 1 synthetic 5W-20 from about the 3rd oil change on. Serviced every 3000 miles no questions asked. Car was routinely raced and was a daily driver for the first 5 years or more with many bolt ons. At about 92k miles the oil pump gears went south (typical 4.6 problem). Needless to say the motor came out. When he tore it down that thing looked great. Very very little varnish and Super clean! You could drag your hand across the oil pan and only pick up clean oil. I was sold on Mobil 1 at that moment and I am a VERY hard person to sell on things. I use it in all my cars and it is definately more reasonably priced than some others and local parts stores sell it. My .02 cents.

Not to hijack the thread, but has anyone ever had Blackstone Laboratories do an oil sample analysis for you? Pretty amazing what they show you and it is only about $30 bucks and they send you the tube to collect and send it in. Not plugging them, but worth it to know if you have a problem before it gets worse and costs an engine.

Last edited:

anc2514

Genesis 1
Established Member
Amsoil's the best in every testing category and blows the rest out of the water, if you all who dont use it did your research you'd figure that out and use it... It saves time, money, and new engines...

Juruense

Banned
Amsoil's the best in every testing category and blows the rest out of the water, if you all who dont use it did your research you'd figure that out and use it... It saves time, money, and new engines...
And if they sold it at AutoZone or WalMart I would absolutely use it. But they don't so I won't.

SVT32VDOHC

Established Member
My 96 supercharged Cobra has only gotten Castrol GTX 5w30 conventional since I've owned it. 30K-54K, supercharged at 43K. No problems.

I might run the same stuff in the 04. I haven't changed oil yet since I just bought the thing, but I'm not a fan of synthetic oil.

What did the Termi come stock with??

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
My 96 supercharged Cobra has only gotten Castrol GTX 5w30 conventional since I've owned it. 30K-54K, supercharged at 43K. No problems.

I might run the same stuff in the 04. I haven't changed oil yet since I just bought the thing, but I'm not a fan of synthetic oil.

What did the Termi come stock with??

5w20

Users who are viewing this thread