Which Blower

dj94gt

Modular Fanatic
Established Member
Which is the better blower the Whipple or KB 2.6? My customer is buying one this week and is wanting 600+rwhp. Engine is stock except for Comp Cams, Kooks headers, 80# inj, sniper MAF, and Commando tuning software. Bring on the suggestions. Thanks

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
Damn 80#'rs already??

My vote goes for Whipple, although the KB should, and probably would get more power.
Also, custom cams would probably be more advantagous than outta the box compcams.

Then you'd EASILY be over 600 I'd think.

dj94gt

Modular Fanatic
Established Member
I chose the 80#'s due to most people running 80% duty cycle or more on the 60's at that hp range. I'd rather have an injector running at 50-60%. That gives a little more room for growth. Who are the better dealers for the whipple or KB, and also give the best prices. I deal with vortech and tried to go with them or ATI, but my customer insists on the Roots style.

Last edited:

dj94gt

Modular Fanatic
Established Member
oh he also wanted the cams...which comp suggested..specs not being released at this time lol

GodStang

Established Member
Both are good blowers and will get you to 600rwhp. 60# injectors would of been a better choice then the 80# injectors for the power he is pushing. There are many articles about why its bad to get too big of an injector.

MaximumVelocity

Mod motor convert
Established Member
Either blower will make the numbers. It really boils down to personal preference. I've installed both.

May I ask why you chose that tuning option over SCT?

dj94gt

Modular Fanatic
Established Member
I'm a dealer for delta force...that is about the only reason. If SCT wants to set me up as sweet as Sniper did, then by all means I'd push their products lol. Did you have a bad experience with the commando software?

RoadRash

Established Member
Call Steve @ Tousley ford. Best Whipple prices bar none! See sig for Whipple results :rockon:

Edit: I would go for the Whipple 3.4l for just a few hundred $ extra ..

357cstang

Used to have a fast Cobra
Established Member
Whipple 3.4L hands down.

Stock cams, stock heads, stock crank, stock rods.... 690/636 on a dynojet pump gas SAE corrected.

I don't know how you can possibly argue with those numbers. Show me one KB making that power with a stock top end 281 on pump gas and I'll give ya a nickel!

dj94gt

Modular Fanatic
Established Member
Damnit those are some big numbers for a stock longblock!

RoadRash

Established Member
the Accufab drivability mod is a piece that Ed from RWTD came up with. It fixes a few issues with the Accufab like cruise control not working (surging, slow to react), on/off throttle feeling, and premature wot feeling all because the cam position is not ideal.

Here is his website explaining the mod: Accufab drivability mod (NEED TO USE IE to view this site)

Users who are viewing this thread