Which blower Whipple or KB

Biggieman

03-04 parts for sale
Established Member
the search function is your friend my brother.
there are literally thousands of posts on this very subject. i would suggest spending a few hours on here, read, read and then read some more.

i went with a whipple - basically the only thing that kept me away from KB was the customer service horror stories that are out there. i just never really read the kind of negative things about whipple that i have about KB.

that said, there are LOTS of happy KB owners, and the KB blowers are proven performers.

rsnyder

SVT
Established Member
basically the only thing that kept me away from KB was the customer service horror stories that are out there. i just never really read the kind of negative things about whipple that i have about KB.

EXACTLY..!
That's why I went with a Whipple. I used the search button A LOT, and I couldn't find any complaints about Whipple. Also, I couldn't find a single person that EVER had a problem (mechanical or customer service) with Whipple. You will also pay a little more for the KB. In my opinion, the only reason at all to go with a KB is the scream of the blower (Whipple is much quieter). So..........I say Whipple! :thumbsup:

03cobra283

GO BIG OR GO HOME
Established Member
I just bought a KB 2.6H...I havent put it on yet but I have a 03 lightning with a 2.3 and it runs great so I stayed with KB. Other then the customer service they are about the same.

Jfoster

Established Member
Another consideration is that the whipple looks more OEM, IMO.

attachment.php

Biggieman

03-04 parts for sale
Established Member
What else do I need to support the whipple or KB.

more fuel

60# injectors
BAP or GT pumps

better cooling

aftermarket HE
head cooling mod

suspension upgrades

busings
IRS brace

drivetrain upgrades

clutch
input shaft
half shafts

oldmodman

Established Member
First pick your size.

2.2L, 2.3L, 2.4L, 2.6L, 2.6H, 2.8L, 2.8H, 2.9L, & 3.4L

Once you have decided on the size your choice is made since Whipple only makes their sizes, and KB only makes theirs.

But who wants a damn blower, just get twins!

2004silvercobra

Established Member
i have a kb and never had problems and has done good for me... its a 2.2 making 630hp and 600tq on 17lbs so it puts out the power for sure, i see some of the whipples coming up alot shorter in the number at the same boost....

ChrisUlrich

Metallica
Established Member
i have a kb and never had problems and has done good for me... its a 2.2 making 630hp and 600tq on 17lbs so it puts out the power for sure, i see some of the whipples coming up alot shorter in the number at the same boost....

But that is SAE... and at 8000 feet. That's a HUUUUGE correction. So it's hard to say how accurate your numbers are.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
i went back and forth for 2 years with this same question, and went with the whipple. both blowers are great choices.

whipple---looks OEM, quieter, lower IAT2's then KB2.2 (not sure about 2.6, or 2.8), cheaper, good customer service

KB---bigger blowers, louder, better potential for a built motor at high boost levels, more expensive, SHITTY customer service.

for me, it came down to the fact that i couldn't get a hold of kenne bell on the phone. i know you can order blowers over the net, but i like to talk to a human being when i'm ordering something that expensive. the difference in cost is not that much. either blower will be great. if you're going to eventually build up your bottom end and go BIG boost, i'd lean towards the 2.6h KB. this is an argument with no answer

s3500027rb4.jpg

s3500029nv9.jpg

as far as supporting mods, i have a MAC catback, 60lb injectors, MAFx, even flow cooling mod, K&N FIPK, KB BAP with wiring upgrades, PPRV delete with upgraded fuel hoses in the tank, KB FRPS disc, IRS brace, MM full length subframes, and drag radials.

next up: midpipe, clutch/flywheel/input shaft, more aggressive tune

Last edited:

RedfireSVT

Established Member
Another consideration is that the whipple looks more OEM, IMO.

attachment.php

exactly! the whipple looks so much better under the hood than that "shoebox" kb in my opinion.....btw i love the valve covers, this was the exact look i was going for but the guy i took my valve covers to sucked and couldn't get the wrinkle coating right. they looked horrible so i just left the stock valve covers on. where did you get yours done?

Users who are viewing this thread