which aluminum DS???

redfirepearlgt

SIT BACK AND HANG ON !!!
Established Member
Did a search and found nothing on this. So here is the question.

Which 1 piece Alum. Driveshaft seems to be working the best for everyone?

My setup currently includes a 1"F/1.25"R Roush spring drop, BMR Panhard, and LCA's. Running the factory 3.31 gear with a Roush TVS 575 Phase one package. Tranny is the GIT-RAG MT-82 6 speed with MGW shifter on a 2013 GT Mustang.

I do not want induced DL vibration after spending 700+ for a driveshaft. I have read plenty about S197 and newer formats being very finicky about changes to the drive line which induce vibration. I'd sooner stick with the heavy clunky factory DS than go to something that is not going to be able to spin up smoothly and cause DL vibration regardless of how it is clocked when installed.

Thanks for the feedback in advance.

Deranged2013

Established Member
There are polls and many threads on this subject here @ SVT forums. I'm leaning towards DSS myself. Dynotech has some very good reviews also.

stangn

Established Member
Shaftmasters is great and David is easy to deal with. You won't be let down by him, customer service is the best.

redfirepearlgt

SIT BACK AND HANG ON !!!
Established Member
There's no way you did a search and came up empty.:dw:

Never said I came up empty. Typed in driveshaft in the search engine and found nothing pertaining to what I was looking for. Article on pinion angle others on automatic setup, but nothing I found. Sorry but not going to spend two hours trying to make a search engine do its job through advanced search.

Last. Don't call me a liar. You know nothing about me. IN return I won't call you a prick for the same reason. :-D

redfirepearlgt

SIT BACK AND HANG ON !!!
Established Member
Thanks for the feedback. Will look into DSS or Dynotech. I have never had much luck getting any results from either the forum or google search engine associated with this site.

Torchy

Established Member
Can you guys give an honest opinion?

Is there aded NVH or not?
If so to what extent?

I can't seem to get a straight opinion on this.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Never said I came up empty. Typed in driveshaft in the search engine and found nothing pertaining to what I was looking for. Article on pinion angle others on automatic setup, but nothing I found. Sorry but not going to spend two hours trying to make a search engine do its job through advanced search.

Last. Don't call me a liar. You know nothing about me. IN return I won't call you a prick for the same reason. :-D

Looks like you might have a tough time on here.

Can you guys give an honest opinion?

Is there aded NVH or not?
If so to what extent?

I can't seem to get a straight opinion on this.

I have some noise but I think its from my BMR LCA's and BMR UCA.

-Thomas

D98GT

Established Member
Hell I have the one from American Muscle that has been sitting in my closet for quite a few months. I think its an axle exchange. I probably should put it on just to give it a try.

4VFTW

Established Member
I have a Shaftmasters and noticed zero change in NVH , but as it does not use a CV joint at the pinion flange you will need an adjustable UCA with a lowered car...that being said regardless of what D/S you buy you should be using a adj. UCA to correct pinion angle anyway.

4VFTW

Established Member
Hell I have the one from American Muscle that has been sitting in my closet for quite a few months. I think its an axle exchange. I probably should put it on just to give it a try.

axle exchange makes a good piece also.

Users who are viewing this thread