which aluminum drive shaft

redrum12

Established Member
I'm looking into getting a onr piece aluminum drive shaft what brands do people reccomend. I'm looking at getting the coast brand what are ur thoughts

by9468840

Established Member
Shaftmasters. Cheapest and excellent quality. Don't bother paying so much more for other brands. Not worth it. They all are of more or less the same quality.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I have the axle exchange in stock, we've been mid 8's with it with 0 issues in 3 years. it's what we recommend

D98GT

Established Member
These threads will always have 3+ brands being talked about. Out of those 3 brands, go with what you can get the best price on and give it a try.

I personally have an axle-exchange waiting to go on.

rath

Established Member
I've had an Axle Exchange from Terry in the car for a few months now. I don't have any complaints. From what I've seen they are all of similar quality and you can't really go wrong with any of them.

Riptide

Established Member
the axle exchange does

should take less than 5 minutes if you know what your doing.
I remember all the threads about that and people recommending a driveline shop do the swap. The consensus was it was best left to the pros. YMMV I guess.

Dan12GT

Established Member
Curious...

With a 1 piece shaft would this also require re-setting the pinion angle as well or would that not affect it at all?

bmyles

Established Member
I remember all the threads about that and people recommending a driveline shop do the swap. The consensus was it was best left to the pros. YMMV I guess.

Exactly why bother fing with the pinion when there are other ones available that you don't have to.

01bluesnake

Established Member
Curious...

With a 1 piece shaft would this also require re-setting the pinion angle as well or would that not affect it at all?

Yes, a two piece will measure pinion angle slightly different.

Exactly why bother fing with the pinion when there are other ones available that you don't have to.

Because it takes all of about 5-10mins like mentioned and some prefer to have 1350 joints instead of a CV. To crush a pinion sleeve, it takes a lot of force of which shooting on and off the nut for the pinion flange won't mess up. If you stay on the impact once the nut stops turning, yes you can crush it some more but takes a lot to do. If you have someone or a shop do it that has done it more than they can count, its no big deal. People seem to be scared of what they don't know, and i don't blame them for that, but don't talk down a product design because of that.

Users who are viewing this thread