Where's this mystical "100 mph wall" that 600's supposedly hit? (video)

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
good riding, and way to rep the 600's. I agree that most people have no clue how to PROPERLY ride a bike. Its not just hit the gas and shift like you normally do. There is skill involved. I have wanted a rocket since I was 16 (25 now) but im 280lbs and fat guys dont ride rockets, lol. If I could cut down to 210-220 I would definitely be buying a 1000.

Crackerballer

Oh baby!
Established Member
Great post, but it really doesn't mean shit on the street for exactly what you said. Most riders don't tuck, shift right, or start correctly; just like most car drivers shift slow, or at the wrong point, start in the wrong gear, miss gears, or have more power than they can use.

That's why it's the street and we race, because it never works out like it should on paper.

JoeyR

omgwtfhax
Established Member
great videos =P and point was perfect. And this is what makes street racing so unique, you get the mix of great drivers, absolute idiots, and overall slow drivers/riders. I hate watching videos where the car or bike you would expect to win, get's raped because the driver short shifting, and or slow shifting. Anytime you're not in gear with the pedal mashed to that floorboard your loosing a crap load of momentum especially at much higher speeds. I need a Crotch Rocket =[

adonald3315

Established Member
I agree that once a 600 hits 140, its not pulling as fast as before, however its still pulling hard. There is a huge difference after 140 between 600s and 1000's.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
You can ride for sure man.

Your video pointed out a few key things, and did prove a point.

However, I think that if you were racing Ju1ce, or he was driving that LS1, he would have put 1-2 bike lengths on you.

:D

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Dude we get it, you can ride your bike. No need to keep showing how you can ride it.

I disagree...he needs to keep showing us... with quality videos.

OP.
Is your 600 (newer model) significantly faster than 600s from 2004, 1999, 1995, etc? There maybe a disconnect here on just what a 600 is capable of.

justinschmidt1

Established Member
As the OP has shown here, the rider/ driver makes a huge difference.

A perfect example is my car...its has dyno'd a best of 384 rwhp, yet people are baffled at how Im running mid to low 11s (11.35@ 121) with such low power.

These are the same people with 400+ rwhp and are running mid-high 12s.

Ive watched 500+rwhp mustangs still run low- mid 12s all night on sticky tires.

Some people just have "it" some dont.

A 600 does start to run out of steam at higher speeds but with a proper rider you still have no chance of walking away from one without a 130-135 mph trap speed

Last edited:

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
i've always heard it to be 130-140 wall not 100

+1..I have heard of the aerodynamic wall as well but not at 100 mph. I drive in California and anything in a car under 75 mph you are going pretty slow.

Bikes routinely pass me doing 90+ without a tucked rider...I know we are talking about acceleration but 100 mph is a joke.

04cobra13

Established Member
Thats cuz your a good rider,but ive riddedn a newer r6, and i was quite suprised how much slower it felt than my srad 750

BM1

Established Member
Dude we get it, you can ride your bike. No need to keep showing how you can ride it.

u-mad-u-jelly-thumb.jpg

Yellow Horse

Established Member
Great post, but it really doesn't mean shit on the street for exactly what you said. Most riders don't tuck, shift right, or start correctly; just like most car drivers shift slow, or at the wrong point, start in the wrong gear, miss gears, or have more power than they can use.

That's why it's the street and we race, because it never works out like it should on paper.

Half the people he races with power enough to beat him can't get it on the ground.

The other half are probably unsuspecting and get a late jump.

Doesn't stop him from boasting.

And no, I see nothing that proves he can drive.

Run a car on slicks at a track and see how good he drives.

Got any videos running a Z06 or a Termy or GT500 with a twin screw on slicks.

Of course you'un don't.

A 600 hanging with a muscle car on street tires on the street proves exacty jack shit.

I see as many girls driving 600's as boys. One day things are going to break bad for you'un, sonny.

Last edited:

BM1

Established Member
Nice run. A rider makes all the difference.

Last edited:

j81234

Established Member
Nice video man. Day races is where it's at. Me and a friend of mine that owns a 08 600RR went out for a fun run one day. It was pretty ugly for my mid 120mph car...lol I believe his bike trapped 136mph at the track. The new 600's are no joke.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
i've always heard it to be 130-140 wall not 100

That's what I though also. I remember I passed one after 150. Stopped closed to 160. It was a stupid run but I was always curious and it was an open road at night. Hopefully won't do it again.

Users who are viewing this thread