Where's the best salvage car auction place over the web ?

svtmtl

Established Member

I'm wondering where do you guys finding salvage titled car over the net ??????

Copart's the good one but I'm pretty sure isn't alone in this market.

Where can I find the stolen recovery insurence auction ????

WHERE:fm: are the best place in new england ????

Ps: I'm looking for salvage-Rebuilt-v6 clone Termin into New england area.....

thanks for help

jazz05

Established Member
I've dealt w/ Copart .. unless you're local to the auction STAY AWAY I've got stories that would curl your hair.... Lets just say I've got a GT500 from one of their auctions that was staged for auction in a deliberate way to hide damage ..if you can't examine in person DO NOT BUY!!!!

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
theres a few cobras for sale in San Antonio for $6500 98-98...why settle for a clone? buy it, drive down, and go home with it.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
I've dealt w/ Copart .. unless you're local to the auction STAY AWAY I've got stories that would curl your hair.... Lets just say I've got a GT500 from one of their auctions that was staged for auction in a deliberate way to hide damage ..if you can't examine in person DO NOT BUY!!!!

Reminds me of the guy who used to buy and repair salvaged Mustangs near here. He had a "repairable" Mystichrome for auction on Ebay. Well since he was only a few miles away I tracked his place down. I had bid like $4,000.00 for it before I left. When I got there I about died. Only good parts were trunk lid, left rear wheel, rear spoiler and back window. Oh and the drivers side, side scoop. By the time I got back home some guy from Kansas had won the bid for the car at over $10 grand. I felt so sorry for him. Even the engine and transmission did not look salvagable. But in the pics he uploaded on the net it did not look that bad. The camera angle was just perfect to hide the fact it was really messed up.

Spal

Established Member
iaai.com is another one. They want you to have a membership to look at pics. But if you right click on the stock number and copy the short cut and paste it in another window you can look at the details of the vehicles.

mellor_21

Established Member
we have auto auctions of america, maybe there's a branch near you
i remember they sold a not TOO bad 03 z06 for 13 grand earlier this year. bitch needed a fender and airbags... they also have a sweet ferrari for 80 grand =) and they had a 94'ish viper for around 20 grand..

svtmtl

Established Member
iaai.com is another one. They want you to have a membership to look at pics. But if you right click on the stock number and copy the short cut and paste it in another window you can look at the details of the vehicles.

Hé man thanks for the help. It working well

svtmtl

Established Member
Ya after I "won" mine I heard alot of horror stories too late..

I've had heard one story about copart by my side... a guy got termin 03 10 th vert. When the car deliver in NY from Texas, both front seat and the super charger wasn't there anymore

So copart got verry nice deal but employes or trucker Who knows ? have verry long hand one values car part....

by the way I have to find cheap fixer or clone

Thanks for help

Users who are viewing this thread