Where would you order a top from?

Shepp1691

Established Member
My 99 cobra has original top and it is leaking and looking rough. Local shop wants $1400 to replace it and I don't want to spend that kind of change on it. I'm just wanting to replace the fabric, not go get an 03 assembly from some junk yard, take it out and replace my entire set up. Im starting to think I should have gotten a hard top car.

deadernie

is my name
Established Member
Money they want to do the top is worth it. It's not an easy job and a pro will make it look good. Plus if you fubar it you got to buy another top. If the shop does anything wrong they're the ones on the hook.

Shepp1691

Established Member
Ya a local shop wants $1200 to do a vinyl with glass window or 1400 to do an upgraded cloth top.... Just so much money.

stolher

Live Free
Established Member
Ya a local shop wants $1200 to do a vinyl with glass window or 1400 to do an upgraded cloth top.... Just so much money.

No way! That price is in line. I learned the hard way have a pro do it the first time!

zPipes

Established Member
Wow, there is a place in Tampa, thats half that price. Im taking my car there, with the window I paid 110 for, and they are going to provide the top, and installation, and charge me 450.

zPipes

Established Member
On a side note, about pricing, I also had my headers installed, and gears installed, for 500. That was in Orlando. Maybe its just because I live in FL, or I find the right places. Who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread