Where would I begin to look for a shift boot like this?

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
My shift boot is worn. I've looked around with no luck for a replacement. I don't think my shift boot is 'stock', but I'm not 100% sure. The car is a Roush 2010 with Tremec Magnum XL and a Roush shift handle. Can anyone point me towards a vendor that might carry (or be able to make) a shift boot like in my pic below?

Thanks very much....... Dave F.

shiftboot223.jpg

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
That was the boot that came in the car, its doubtful that it was not original. You should be able to purchase a boot that came in any 2010 car, might even be able to get it from Ford?

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
Thanks Scott, I have looked at some 'stock' boots, maybe I'm just missing something. I had to have the Roush handle modified at a local machine shop to fit the trans. I think the stock handles are round (or mostly round). I know I can find a boot, or have one made, it's just a matter of going to the right place!

I've had some good fun with the car this season. Just a few rides, but lotta action. Little bit of street racing (safely), and some showing off, nothing crazy. I am babying this thing... for the next guy, LOL.

-

TRC51

Established Member
Barton's flat shifter has a collar on it that basically has you tie a zip tie around the boot and shifter... giving a similar look. Might be something you can use.

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
Barton's flat shifter has a collar on it that basically has you tie a zip tie around the boot and shifter... giving a similar look. Might be something you can use.

Hey, thanks for the tip. My boot looked cheap & crappy even when it wasn't torn. It looks like it's missing a trim piece to make it nicely finished. So I'm hoping to find something that looks real nice, and functions well.

-

john11gt

Established Member
Looks like a stock boot to me. Like someone else said, with the Barton shifter the boot is zip tied to the shifter on the inside and that’s what it looks like. I had one in my old coyote.

Macman756

Established Member
you want this I think:

1BrMyfn.jpg
60zO9JW.png
lRroMMO.jpg

Its what I had on my 2010. Its the stock Ford boot, with the top stitching cut to allow for the MGW "flat stick" bezel, then a zip tie.

I sold it on S197 forum to a guy that had an 05-09 and he never used the boot. You could maybe reach out to him?

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
Yeah
you want this I think:

View attachment 1653544 View attachment 1653545 View attachment 1653546

Its what I had on my 2010. Its the stock Ford boot, with the top stitching cut to allow for the MGW "flat stick" bezel, then a zip tie.

I sold it on S197 forum to a guy that had an 05-09 and he never used the boot. You could maybe reach out to him?

Hey, thanks, that's close. But the opening is octagonal, my shift handle is rectangle, so it doesn't quite work. Very close though, good idea if no alternative! ;)

Macman756

Established Member
Yeah

Hey, thanks, that's close. But the opening is octagonal, my shift handle is rectangle, so it doesn't quite work. Very close though, good idea if no alternative! ;)

Geez it’s pretty close. Then I suggest ordering a new Ford boot and 3D printing a collared insert with the correct rectangular dimensions

Users who are viewing this thread