Where to spend tax refund money...

CVR98GT

Audiophile Poster
Established Member
I am going to have between 3 and 3.5k to put into my stock 98 gt...What do you guys think? I have some friends that work at speed shops so I can get a little bit of a break on some stuff...what's my fastest way (not N2O) to C6 killing. It is a daily driver too.

CY98Cobra

Established Member
3k won't get your car to C6 speed. You would need PI heads/intake, blower and all the necessaries for that. You might look into finding a used 99+ GT or Cobra motor. Than going from there. The heads and intake on the 96-98 GT's aren't the best for making power.

fastball19

South Florida King !
Established Member
He is Right.. Your gonna need alot of Mods to be up with a C6.. Your best bet.. i say would be sell your motor.. look for a 03-04 Mach 1 Engine! . THey are very power full and have the 03 Cobra Heads.. something the 99-01 CObra Engine does not have! and stick it in there .. i have seen many Mach 1 Engines go for just under 4k ... And get Gears as well .. thats my opinion! Just my 2 cents!

00PONY

Native Texan
Established Member
Yeah if your friends can do the install for cheap(or FREE!) then try to get a four valve and drop it in. It might be a little more than 3.5K.... have any saved up?

00PONY

Native Texan
Established Member
Hell you could do that with $400...you gotta hit the juice though. If its a daily driver then you should get heads, cams, some longtubes and a little shot of the gas. that way it will be reliable and quick(over 300 with heads cams and LT) and with a little shot~75-100...wet shot, you should put over 375/400 to the wheels and way more torque. Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread