Where to Race!!!

Bk_Breaker_SVT

Established Member
Hey Guys,

I'm pretty new to this forum. I actually used to ride street bikes 'til I was rearened and broke my back. Well I'm back in the gamee and I now have a '99 Cobra which I love!!! I live near Chicago and my question is, where does everyone go to race. Drag, Street, Autocross??? I am going to Union Grove in Wisconsin opening weekend to spank my boss in his Audi TT (What is he thinking), but I would like to get further into racing my snake.

Thanks,

Ryan

SLOWBRA

Established Member
Yes, Yes you did.

I am originally from That area, lived in Springfield, IL most my life. Now all my friends are on that site as well as www.allaboutspeed.com .

I will end up there in a few years after GradSchool, until then I am livin it up.

See you there.

Shawn

Lightning Bob

Established Member
Bk_Breaker_SVT

This website will show you where all of the organized tracks are, by type and location.

http://chasinracin.com/

Us Chicagoland Lightning guys like to go to Byron.
We are treated good there, and the track hooks well too. Union Grove is OK(people are real nice), but the traction isn't as good as Byron. Route 66 is always overcrowded, and they make you will feel like your patronage is insignificant.

I also own a 99 Cobra, which I had supercharged last fall. It has not been to the track since, but it ran 13.4-13.5's at Byron and 13.7-13.8's at Union Grove with it last spring. Only performance mods at the time were a C&L MAF, 3.73 gears and drag radials.

Turn the traction control off, and take it easy on your launch. If you launch too hard,your 99 will wheel hop real bad, and you will break a rear half shaft. I know this from experience.

Good luck against your boss north of the border and hope to see you at Byron some time.

Lightning Bob
True Blue 02 Lightning
White/Charcoal 99 Cobra

Bk_Breaker_SVT

Established Member
Hey thanks Bob,

I appreciate the track condition advice...I was wondering where to launch from. I was told about 2200-2500 RPM on street tires at Great Lakes....I am going to invest in Drag Radials, but I won't have them by April 6th.

I'm sure I'll see you at Byron. I hope to make it out a lot this year...I hope I have the money to race and upgrade all year (Lots of Mods planned :thumbsup: ) Anyways, thanks for the advice. Maybe shoot me an E-mail next time you're out to Byron.

Users who are viewing this thread