Where to purchase a predator

nivek

Banned
Can any one recommend where to purchase the predator from and reasons to do business with them? I am looking at RWTD for the price of $360.00

ralphy1798

Established Member
RWTD is a great place to buy them. I bought one from him and he sends you tunes via email within 10 minutes of you calling him. He also next day airs the predator to you for free. GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE and he figured out the tune for 91 octane gas out here in CA. Pretty challenging to do from a distance like that. James is a great guy.

When you call tell him Jeff from CA recomended him.

Thanks
Jeff

CHeRNoBYL

Established Member
I bought mine from RWTD, but I have not had the same luck with custom tunes. As a matter of fact, I have been waiting on a custom tune for about three weeks now. If I don't receive my tune by this time next week, my Predator is getting returned and I will go to Amazon Racing instead.

ralphy1798

Established Member
Give him a call... he will get your tune to you in a timely manner, he has been good to everyone i have talked to... Stick with him, he is the best service you will get!

Oh, by the way, you dont just get a custom tune from him... you have to download your stock tune and send it to him, he tweaks it and sends it back. I would call him to give him a heads up too, talk to him in person and tell him your mods over ther phone.

Jeff

Last edited:

CHeRNoBYL

Established Member
Originally posted by ralphy1798
Give him a call... he will get your tune to you in a timely manner, he has been good to everyone i have talked to... Stick with him, he is the best service you will get!

Oh, by the way, you dont just get a custom tune from him... you have to download your stock tune and send it to him, he tweaks it and sends it back. I would call him to give him a heads up too, talk to him in person and tell him your mods over ther phone.

Jeff

Yes, I understand that much. He has already sent me the instructions and file needed to send my stock tune back to him. I've done all that (stock tune + dynosheets were emailed the last week of December). I received an email a few days later saying my custom tune was in "queue" and that's it. Nothing since. I've emailed him two or three times asking for some sort of timeframe as to when my tune will be completed, but have yet to receive a response. I'd like to talk to him again over the phone, but unfortunately he does not have a toll-free number and I am prohibited from making long-distance phone calls here at work. By the time I get off of work, he's closed and he doesn't appear to be open on weekends :( I am thinking about skipping lunch today so I can get off early from work to give him a call ...

whitesnake03

Venomous Tennessean
Established Member
James has always helped me out with service and always offers great advise with my cobra, so please give him another chance, maybe it is a simple miscommunication bubba?

:beer:

CHeRNoBYL

Established Member
I was about to call James up in regards to my custom tune, but I figured I check my email before I did just in case. It's a good thing I did because James had emailed me my tune! Now I can officially insert foot into mouth. :)

CHeRNoBYL

Established Member
I'm going to try to get a dyno session in this weekend depending on the weather. It's been pretty nasty here for the past couple of days. Hopefully this tune cures my lean condition down low. I also asked James for another tune for a 2.8 pulley. The pulley should be here tomorrow and if I get my second tune from him before the weekend is out I will post those dyno numbers as well! :burnout:

Z-COBRA

Bling & Zing
Established Member
I agree with all that said RWTD as a place to buy. As I write this, just got thru talking with James via e-mail with some questions and the man was almost faster than a speeding bullet answering my concerns.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

cobra93teal

Psycho Pilot Racing
Established Member
idont know if it 360 plus shipping or not but usa motorsports in arlington sell them for somewhere around 385 in stock. their ph num is 817 460 0060

Z-COBRA

Bling & Zing
Established Member
RWTD on sale now, $360.00 w/free UPS ground shipping.Go for it, the man is real righteous.

Last edited:

King03Cobra

Established Member
I think everyone agrees that RWTD is the distributor of choice for buying the Predator. You will get the support you need when questions arise.

Users who are viewing this thread