Where to live in HOUSTON?

Mattio

Established Member
I’m going to be moving to the area to take a job in Baytown on the east side of Houston by early October. I have been doing some research but wanted your guys opinions of the area and where to look. Main concerns are safety, entertainment and convenience to Baytown. Maybe some of you from the area or know the area can chime in with some info. Thanks

LowNSlowNeon

Established Member
I live in League City... It's nice IMO and affordable... I just bought a new house 3bed 2bath 1600sq ft for 125k. I don't know off hand how far of a drive to bay town it is though..

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

oem

Custom User Title
Established Member
Never really on that side of town and new-ish to Houston, just know to stay away from Pasadena/"Stinkadena"... it really stinks lol.

Mattio

Established Member
I live in League City... It's nice IMO and affordable... I just bought a new house 3bed 2bath 1600sq ft for 125k. I don't know off hand how far of a drive to bay town it is though..
Not a far drive at all! Clear lake comes up alot in apartment searches.

Never really on that side of town and new-ish to Houston, just know to stay away from Pasadena/"Stinkadena"... it really stinks lol.
note taken! thanks

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
apt or home?

baytown is far enough outside Houston that you can actually get some land if you need it

baytown is home to houston raceway park.

Jerry03cobra

Established Member
I live in baytown.There are a few apartment around town with a garage $750-1000.

Try this one The Villas At Rollingbrook they are nice and new 3yr old

Where are you going to be working at?

Last edited:

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
I also live in League City, it's only a 25 minute drive to Baytown up hwy 146. There is plenty of night life around Clear Lake and if you want more, downtown Houston is only 20-30 mins up the road. I've lived here for 4 years now and absolutely love it!

PhoenixGT09

"I Like the Tuna Here."
Established Member
I was just literally about to post a thread on this haha! I too will be moving to Houston for my work either at the end of October or beginning of November. I was also curious on where to live, and what there is to do. I am wanting a garage like the OP, but like he said, a nice apartment I wouldn't mind either... or renting a house too. It would just be me. Thanks for all of the input already guys! Sorry OP, I wasn't trying to hijack your thread, I'll just be reading the responses! Good luck to you, though!

oem

Custom User Title
Established Member
I was just literally about to post a thread on this haha! I too will be moving to Houston for my work either at the end of October or beginning of November. I was also curious on where to live, and what there is to do. I am wanting a garage like the OP, but like he said, a nice apartment I wouldn't mind either... or renting a house too. It would just be me. Thanks for all of the input already guys! Sorry OP, I wasn't trying to hijack your thread, I'll just be reading the responses! Good luck to you, though!

What part of town are you going to be working?

PhoenixGT09

"I Like the Tuna Here."
Established Member
What part of town are you going to be working?

Not too entirely sure yet. I will be flying out there on Oct. 2 in order to meet with them and then I will find out where exactly I will be going into for work, then I'll post it up on here. If I'm a good fit, I'll be flying out again for a long weekend to scope out some places to live...

2012Yote

Term General
Established Member
Fall creek(near mesa/wilson rd and beltway 8. About 30 minutes to Baytown) The area is really nice, Several apartment complexes to choose from that have been built in the last year are two . You're about 20 mins to Downtown and 25 mins to the Woodlands which is pretty much where the best places are around for the night life.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Mattio

Established Member
Fall creek(near mesa/wilson rd and beltway 8. About 30 minutes to Baytown) The area is really nice, Several apartment complexes to choose from that have been built in the last year are two . You're about 20 mins to Downtown and 25 mins to the Woodlands which is pretty much where the best places are around for the night life.

I will look here as well!

hweb30

02 V6
Established Member
im in the same boat as both of you two! Except ill be living on the west side of houston, i love katy, but i dont know what else is out there. Whats there to do in houston? Im coming from a small city in kansas, so i dont know whats out there

PhoenixGT09

"I Like the Tuna Here."
Established Member
im in the same boat as both of you two! Except ill be living on the west side of houston, i love katy, but i dont know what else is out there. Whats there to do in houston? Im coming from a small city in kansas, so i dont know whats out there

Nice! From the looks of this thread it looks like there are already a lot of ya'll from on here living there already and looks like there's at least 3 more on the way! There's gonna be a lot of Cobras in the Houston area! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread