Where to invest money in these times?

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
I know there are some SVTP financial wizards out there who are making some good coin right now. Where is the best place to put some money to expect a decent return. I don't want to go all out on the risk side but I don't want to be ultra conservative either.

So, what would any of you experienced financial guys do with up to $400,000?

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
I know there are some SVTP financial wizards out there who are making some good coin right now. Where is the best place to put some money to expect a decent return. I don't want to go all out on the risk side but I don't want to be ultra conservative either.

Look at tax free muni bonds.

JPD5801

Established Member

A well diversified, low cost portfolio. With that amount of money it may be worth your time to speak with a Financial Advisor/planner (Not a broker).

Blk03CobraVenom

Love me some Boost
Established Member
Definitely not a bank savings they suck. Mutual funds, bonds, stable stocks, a CD, etc. Or you can give me 100k and I can build a sick Cobra (mine is relatively stock). Then I will tour the tracks and win races for ya. :beer:

Freakingstang

Established Member
Gold....buy lots of gold.

when the country falls apart and the american dollar is worth 1/1000th of what is is now...Gold will prevail

Coiled03

Established Member
Gold
Alternative/Fossil energy
Tax free muni bonds as already mentioned
Well established bio-med companies (if such a thing exists)

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
Gold....buy lots of gold.

when the country falls apart and the american dollar is worth 1/1000th of what is is now...Gold will prevail

I the country goes in the shitter that far, I think Water, Food, Beer, and Cigarettes will be worth more than Gold. Sure Gold is pretty and all that, but you can't eat it, you can't drink it, and you certainly can't smoke it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread