where to have short block built

F8LBYTE 2

Established Member
im looking to have a shortblock built, ive called everyone but i dont kinow who to go with. dss, mmr,livernois. etc. i would like to have one that the quickest as possible help!

Last edited:

Hkaiser83

I am Captain Dynaball.
Established Member
im looking to have a shortblock built, ive called everyone but i dont kinow who to go with. dss, mmr,livernois. etc. i would like to have one that the quickest a possible help!

MMR - No.
DSS - Ok to order parts from but don't have them assemble.
Livernois - Yes
Really though, in most cases it's best to order a solid rotating assembly from someone like Livernois and have it assembled locally. This way you can meet the builder, get more accurate and frequent status updates, and should you have to sue it will be much more simple than an out of state suit.

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
Modular Performance and Modular Powerhouse are also very popular among mod motor guys. Buying a complete rotating assy may be good idea, but you have to make sure the builder knows how to do a mod motor. Most of the prebuilt motors make you use a new block and crank too unless you supply your own. If your is fine then just buying what you need is better on your wallet.

F8LBYTE 2

Established Member
i will not go back to modularpowerhouse they screwed my car up along time ago and would not fix it, the same day i picked up it didnt run right. then shortly after my motor blew. also i had a friend recently take his car there they told him the brand new motor sean hyland built was shit and sold him a new one well couple hundred miles later motor blew

Speed Demon

Established Member
Call Proline Race Engines they are local and do really good work, but expect to pay for the quality. Livernois does great work also. I wouldn't let DSS build your lawn mower engine, they have complete idiots working there. I've seen a few problems from MMR engines.

Presteige

Established Member
Proline for sure... tim lynche... not to mention the back all of there work if necessary that is your going to pull it and put it back in if you wanna just drop car off go with Injected engineering or MPH they both use proline and are very nice people

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
I would consider Johnny Lightning Performance in Lancaster, Pa. He does a real nice job with the 4.6/5.4 modular motors for a fair price. He does a very nice volume of motors every year with great results at the track for performance and durability.

76mmsaleen

Established Member
i will not go back to modularpowerhouse they screwed my car up along time ago and would not fix it, the same day i picked up it didnt run right. then shortly after my motor blew. also i had a friend recently take his car there they told him the brand new motor sean hyland built was shit and sold him a new one well couple hundred miles later motor blew

well tim tuned and built my motor and it's been running good..call tim up and tell him mike from louisiana sent you..he will help you out big time.he is one of the best shop owners i have ever talked too. doesn't act like his shit doesn't stink..:rockon:

HIPSI

Established Member
im looking to have a shortblock built, ive called everyone but i dont kinow who to go with. dss, mmr,livernois. etc. i would like to have one that the quickest as possible help!
rich groh rgr race engines/ or/ al pappito only two guys id pay

Steeda30

Clearance Clarence
Established Member
Call Proline Race Engines they are local and do really good work, but expect to pay for the quality. Livernois does great work also. I wouldn't let DSS build your lawn mower engine, they have complete idiots working there. I've seen a few problems from MMR engines.
Yeah, Pro Line in Woodstock, Ga. built mine - they stand behind their work and if for some reason there's a problem with the engine they'll do whatever it takes to make it right.

Users who are viewing this thread