where to go for info on new TVs?

50 Proof

Established Member
I'm looking to buy a new T.V. pretty soon. Are there any good forums I can go on to look up info on TVs?

I'm still using an old POS TV from the 90's :lol: Anyways, looking to buy something in the 500-700 dollar range and I'm trying to figure out where I can go to do research on what to buy. It probably wont buy me much but I'm getting married this year, so I'm on a tight budget.

GodStang

Established Member
After 30 hrs of research I have come to the conclusion that Plasmas are better in every way but glare. So I will also be getting a plasma.

50 Proof

Established Member
Thanks for the links.

From what I've read on this forum from other people's posts, I'm pretty sure plasma is the direction I want to go in. At this point, the only reason I would go with an LCD would be because of the glare issue with plasmas. The wall that the TV would have to go against is adjacent to a giant sliding glass door. Watching TV on a plasma during the day would be a nightmare. Fortunately I'm rarely home during the day and I might be moving to a different apartment in the near future anyways. If need be, I can put the TV in the bedroom instead.

for that price range, you're gonna be in a 42-46" Panasonic S1 or S2

The Panasonic S1 or S2 is in the $500-700 price range? Do you have have any other recommendations for brands for plasma that I can look into?

GodStang

Established Member
From my research this is what 99% people say:

1. Pioneer
2. Panasonic
3. Samsung
4. LG

Users who are viewing this thread