Where to get quality hose clamps?

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Auto store sells trash. Amazon is trash. What's a quality brand and where to get?

Getting tired of everything being cheap trash anymore. Tools, parts, etc. I don't mind paying 2-3x. It's just a choir to find anymore.

Blk91stang

Established Member
Premium Member
Auto store sells trash. Amazon is trash. What's a quality brand and where to get?

Getting tired of everything being cheap trash anymore. Tools, parts, etc. I don't mind paying 2-3x. It's just a choir to find anymore.
McMaster Carr. They typically supply Ideal-Tridon. Get them in 316SS Screw/Band in any size you need

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
McMaster Carr is a great source, however the shipping is outrageous. Get back to us if you source from them. Guessing the shipping will be around $35 for something like clamps.
NAPA truck parts or well parts suppliers will have them or Grainger.

beau t

Established Member
The last ones i picked up were from a marine supply house seemed to be a little better quality than the auto parts store, but i prefer a factory style automotive spring clamp if possible.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Same problem here. Local stores either not available or junk trying to compete with online prices. Amazons absolutely flooded with chynese junk.

I bought some Evil Energy Hose Finisher Clamps earlier this year. Worm gear clamps used were supposed to be Made In USA, but the ones I received WERE NOT. The worm gear clamps were absolute junk. As soon as I tightened the clamp, it deformed and stripped the band. Junk.

I ended up going to a couple different local hardware stores to find what it appeared to be a better clamp and used them. I have no idea where they were made.

Try this, although I'm pretty sure Ideal Tridon is not 100% American made. Hope I'm wrong.

Good luck.

FJB

Blk91stang

Established Member
Premium Member
McMaster Carr is a great source, however the shipping is outrageous. Get back to us if you source from them. Guessing the shipping will be around $35 for something like clamps.
NAPA truck parts or well parts suppliers will have them or Grainger.
I checked through my previous orders and clamps should be $6-$7 for shipping. Coils of drain hose was $16 and a longer box was $26.

For ensuring that you're getting what you want (more than most other sources), it's not bad at all imo.

Blown 89

Established Member
T-bolt style oetiker or other brands are the way to go. The screw style clamps all suck.

LightningLou

Established Member
ABA clamps from West Marine if you have one near you or Breeze liner clamps from NAPA for local options. I worked on A-10 and F-15 airframes for a while, and ABA clamps were the only worm clamps used to secure various hoses and what not. They are the good stuff and smooth inside.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Isn't amazing how difficult it is to buy quality parts. All garbage made in china.

Thanks for the good info.
When covid hit I was so pissed at china I refused to buy anything from there. It's almost impossible. Like a grease splash shield for cooking bacon, I found 1 company that made them in Italy. But they wanted like $80 for 2 of them and they weren't even nice.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
I buy most of mine off Vibrant. They are good quality and have been through hell with our Champ Car.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I know they may not be for everyone (one time use and have to cut them off), but have you considered heat shrink band clamps? I used them on my 65 and they work great. The ones I used are made by Gates and I got them from Speedway.

I can't say they work better than quality worm gear clamps, but they definitely look better in my opinion.

Hose Clamp 01.jpg

Hose Clamp 02.jpg

Hose Clamp 03.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread