Where to get duplicate key?

awakened

Established Member
When I bought my Terminator this past winter it only came with one key. I really should pick up another so I wanted to check to see where others have picked theirs up from? I hate going to the dealer because of their prices but was not sure if I could get it somewhere else.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

2000GTSTANG

Established Member
Call a locksmith and have them cut and program a 2nd key. Make sure they dont clone the first key or you wont be able to program additional keys on your own.

awakened

Established Member
I had no idea they could turn off the Pats system. That's interesting. Is it that straight forward? Is there a downside?

awakened

Established Member
Call a locksmith and have them cut and program a 2nd key. Make sure they dont clone the first key or you wont be able to program additional keys on your own.
That's a great piece of advice if I go that route, thank you.

NY03SonicConv.

Established Member
I took my car to the local locksmith and he cut and cloned a key. It didn't work then we tried my key and it wouldn't work. Luckily he put my key back into the clone unit and my key worked again. I think when I pulley the car and get it tuned I'll check into turning the pats off

Sent from my iPad using the svtperformance.com mobile app

dhowd

Established Member
I had the same problem when I bought my car. I called three different local Ford dealers and got three completely different prices. I believe the cheapest was about $125. So after some research, I found a set of three blank Ford PATS keys on Ebay. I do not remember what exactly they cost, but I am guessing it was between $10-20 bucks. Then I called some local locksmiths and found one that would cut and program (not clone) the three new keys for $70 cash. Then I put two of the keys in my safe at home, so I would not have this problem again.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Lock smith was able to bring a device out and program new keys for my truck. Can work to make new ones. Downside of PATS off is you can rip the ignition out and steal the car pretty easy like an old school car.

2000GTSTANG

Established Member
Definitely call around for a locksmith. I found a guy on CL that did it out of his garage. I bought the oem Ford key off eBay and had a hardware shop cut it. The locksmith charged me $20 to program it to the vehicle.

MG0h3

Established Member
I went to the dealer. Think it was a little over 100 as well. Seems the safest route.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

awakened

Established Member
I found a local locksmith that will supply the key and charge $60 to program it (not clone). I think that's my best route. Thanks for the the help.

Buckwheat 1

I like Blm junk in my butt
Established Member
I just had 2 keys made. It was around
$100 for the first key and $25 for a second key.

bigmoose

Established Member
I had this problem as well. Ended up buying a chinese clone ford VCM and software. Now i can do my own keys.

Cost less than the dealer charges for one key.

Last edited:

SilverNotch

Established Member
I disabled my pats through diablo they just emailed me the 93 tune without pats for free. The only downside is your pats light will flash. Just pull the bulb. I did it so I could put a terminator gauge cluster in my 01 cobra. I still have to get another key made though as I have the same problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread