Votes: 3 11.1%
  • randy haywood custom speed

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • some other shop please list in post

Votes: 15 55.6%

• Total voters

mikes93cobra

Established Member
my car will be getting out of the shop soon... so i need a good tune, i want the car to be reliable but also make good power... my setup is 331 stroker with blower compression, vortech s-trim, afm powerpipe, aeromotive fuel system, afr 185's, comp cam, holley systemax 2 intake, tko transmission, and auburn rear end. i have pretty much determined two spots, either fastlane, or randy haywood custom speed.

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
A guy who is doing my installs, just left from working up there...had nothing but good things to say about the shop...i'll ask him if he'd suggest them tuning it for you...if it's just tuning, I would recommend Undergroundracing...give KC a call at 704-361-1444...tell him Torrey sent ya

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
mikes93cobra said:
my car will be getting out of the shop soon... so i need a good tune, i want the car to be reliable but also make good power... my setup is 331 stroker with blower compression, vortech s-trim, afm powerpipe, aeromotive fuel system, afr 185's, comp cam, holley systemax 2 intake, tko transmission, and auburn rear end. i have pretty much determined two spots, either fastlane, or randy haywood custom speed.
Mike true Blue isw right up the road, tell them Dale sent you!

Here is their web site, they are in Angier about 40 miles on hwy 210. Give them a call today!I think others here have seen the car and can tell you that they are professionals and have some great racing cars too, road course or drag!
http://www.trueblueperformance.com/

My car is in the Customer cars link, you see my name and you will find my car!
I'm movong but they are storing my car while I go to Iraq. I absolutley trust them, they will show the car while I'm gone and we are doing a head and cam install too! Below is a partial list of their installs on my car:

Car number 374 born on 7 June 2002 now has over 45,000 miles. Modded since day one and the last 15,000 on a 17psi Whipple pushing 600rwhp.

She has been treated to the following gifts with the help of True Blue Performance:
Whipple
55lbs injectors and adapters
Accufab single blade TB
SubFrame C MM motorsports
Aluminum radiator and intercooler resevoir
intercooler radiator upgrade w/fans
SCT 4 prog chip and coin holder install(Dyno tuned by Ed Clark)
BBK long tubes, X-pipe and magnaFlow catbacks
Corbeau CR-1 seats
4 point roll cage
Simpson 5 point harness
Yellow Mustang Regristry rear seat delete
KB BAP
MAF-X-Tender
DSS level 5 halfshafts
Steeda CC plates
Steeda lowering springs
Auto Meter Shift light (pilled), air/fuel, boost, Fuel pressure gauges
XM Radio and Pioneer stereo
Pro 5.0 shifter
line loc
CFDF Clutch, Liberty 26 spline input shaft
Steeda firewall adjuster and quadrant

In the mail: new heads and cams (Roush is friend of Cobra).

Last edited by a moderator:

DontGetBit

The Dynasty has begun....
Established Member
Go to Haywood Custom Speed. They are great guys and the only shop in the area that I would take my car to. Randy will give you a great but safe tune. Randy and Ray have really impressed me with their knowledge and great service.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Black70Stang said:
I've always heard either Haywood or True Blue are the best shops.

Might want to ask on http://www.carolinarides.com - lots of locals there.
The two shops had a parting some time ago. I can tell you this much, no True Blue car has had a blown engine from a bad tune, I can't speak for any other shop. Plus they are located in a good spot for this guy. I used to go to Charlotte until I met up with TB. Great guys that give us HP junkies the fix we need!

realaxed83

Established Member
I can personally vouch for Randy and Ray at Haywood speed.....I've been following them around for about 5 years now(from when they first started true blue) and I wouldn't trust anyone else to tune my car. IMHO he is the best in the business.

4camwonder

Established Member
i dont know either of those shops but you can look up G&M auto repair located in sevenlakes NC, ask for greg. pm me if you cant find their number.

93fakesnake

Established Member
I get mine tuned by Rick at Amazon Tuning Solutions in Anderson. Rick is a great guy and their customer service is second to none. Give them a call at 864-332-0955.

Machinator

Banned
BLOWN99LTN said:
I get mine tuned by Rick at Amazon Tuning Solutions in Anderson. Rick is a great guy and their customer service is second to none. Give them a call at 864-332-0955.

Yea I have to agree, I go to them as well even though I live 8hrs away!

RRRR03Cobra

Anti-venom is Useless!
Established Member
Rick @ Amazon is second to none!! His tunes are safe and on the money!! Just a hop and a skip away from ya!

jhonda

Established Member
blk04cobra1 said:
A guy who is doing my installs, just left from working up there...had nothing but good things to say about the shop...i'll ask him if he'd suggest them tuning it for you...if it's just tuning, I would recommend Undergroundracing...give KC a call at 704-361-1444...tell him Torrey sent ya

Is that the place off of 150 that builds all the old cobra replicas?

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
Is that the place off of 150 that builds all the old cobra replicas?

no, and please disregard any comments I made last year regarding that shop...I will never promote them (undergroundracing) again :fm:

is TrueBlue still in business?

no, true blue went out of business last September, due to financial reasons I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread