Where to get button head bolts, ect?

boston_cobra

Established Member
I've been lurking for a while now, but this is my first post.

I want to order the AFS 17x10.5 and BFG KD 315/35/17 for my rears. Now I've read a few threads on the subject but I want to be clear.

Now I need: (besides the rims and tires)
2- Button Head bolts
10- 5/16 spacers
10- extended reach lug nuts

Can anyone tell me a good place to get the these items?

cobrapete03'

Sonic Blue Intimidator
Established Member
There was one Cobra owner on the site that purchased mass quantities of the button head bolts and sold them to those of us that ordered them promptly...Last I heard, the supplier was currently out of the bolts and he would do his best to get ahold of some more...Just do a search for the topic "button head bolts" and you should be able to find him...I would PM him and see what he has to say...Its probably your cheapest route in obtaining the bolts...Good Luck

Hunter

Crazy Insane SVT Poster!
Established Member
I have the exact set-up you want on my car. But, the 5/16" spacers are one piece for each wheel.

Hunter

Crazy Insane SVT Poster!
Established Member
BTW - J69gordon is the member who ordered the bolts for everyone.

raiders03

Banned
Why do half the people say you need spacers and the other half do not? Can someone with knoledge tell all of us what the hell we need to put those rims and tires on. Some people use the irs bolt others don't, some new lug nuts others no.

Hunter

Crazy Insane SVT Poster!
Established Member
Some 315/35/17 tires are wider than others. I have BFG Gforce KD's. They are the widest 315/35/17 street tire that I know of. So, I used the buttonhead bolt to give added clearance and the 5/16" spacer too. I also have the extended reach lugnuts to give back the thread bite I would have lost with using the 5/16" spacer without them.

FlashSVT

Established Member
Why do half the people say you need spacers and the other half do not? Can someone with knoledge tell all of us what the hell we need to put those rims and tires on. Some people use the irs bolt others don't, some new lug nuts others no.
Even though there are many 315/35-17 tires out there they are not all the same width. The BFG KD's are very wide and seem to require a spacer.

It all depends on what tire you run.

I run Nitto's w/ the bolts no spacers.

Note: Your suspension height also comes into play when you are talking about IRS bolt interference.

Note II: If you run spacers, you'll need extended reach nuts.

Hunter

Crazy Insane SVT Poster!
Established Member
BTW - those tires are mounted on the AFS 17x10.5" wheels.

Undy

Established Member
I was the first to run the AFS 10.5s with the BFG KDs.. You'll definately need the button head bolts or do the "undy mod" to your existing bolts,grind off a little of the head where it clears but you can still wrench it. All that's needed is the 7/32" spacers to clear everything. That gives you a little more lug nut bite than the 5/16" spacers along with keeping those big muddahs tucked in a little more.:thumbsup:

raiders03

Banned
Hunter
thanks. Where did you get the spacers and extended lug nuts? How much? Thanks for your help.

Hunter

Crazy Insane SVT Poster!
Established Member
Originally posted by EatonLS-1s
Hunter
thanks. Where did you get the spacers and extended lug nuts? How much? Thanks for your help.
I got the spacers at Pep Boys, and the buttonhead bolts came from the user on this board by the name of J69gordon. The spacers were about $10, and the bolts were $8. The extended reach lugnuts were $10 for 10 lugnuts from AFSWheels.com.

boston_cobra

Established Member
Thanks for all of the replys!

Extended reach lugnuts: AFS ~$10
Spacers: Pep Boys ~$10
Button head bolts: AFS ~free or J69gordan ~$8

Users who are viewing this thread