Where to get alignment after lowering in socal

optx002

Established Member
So i lowered my car with kenny brown springs. Ive had it on for about 2.5 weeks or so, so the springs are settled. I went to this shop around here, and they said a 4 wheel alignment was $50 and if there was any special unusual problems, it would be more depending on what. So from what ive read on the forum, people can align their cars somewhat fine with KB springs without getting aftermarket C/C plates.

Well after waiting 45 mins for the alignment guy to come back from lunch, and another hour and 15 mins for him to get it on the lift and put on the alignment things on each wheel, he says he cant adjust my front end becaue the stock plates are riveted on, but also because they have no room for adjustment. He says he can adjust the toe, because they are off, but thats all and he will charge full price. i say the heck with that, and get my car off the lift.

So all this boils down to... who in the los angeles area, knows of a shop that can properly align my car, with only KB springs on. I dont have aftermarket C/C plates, and would prefer not to get them. Anything in the hollywood/pasadena/glendale/burbank/ even northwestern OC id be willing to go.

So please recommend a shop for me. Also how much did you guys pay?

1BAD93SVT

Established Member
you don't normally need an alignment when you lower your car unless it was out of alignment before lowering it. also, rear wheel drive vehicles can only have front alignment, so never go back to that shop again. call joe at chicane sport tuning, he'll align your stang. you don't need camber plates, but the stock ones can be adjusted to a limit.

optx002

Established Member
i guess ill give the dealership a call tom.

My car shows signs of negative camber just by looking at it. When it was on the lift and computer alignment being done, everything was off (camber/caster/toe) . And i do believe the cobra with IRS can be 4 wheel aligned.

Anyone else recommend any shops?

optx002

Established Member
fast4v said:
:thumbsup: Johnsons Alignment in torrance. best in the biz.

did you get your alignment done there? If so, how much? what is your suspension setup? My KB springs shouldnt be as bad as H&R springs. So id assume it would be easier to do.

fast4v

Established Member
I have coilover set up and c/c plates. but like i said best in the biz. and yes i got my alignment done there. Will never go anywhere else. Here is there info - (310) 370-6301. You will not be disappointed. :rockon:

optx002

Established Member
do the stop plates have play in them? they are riveted down, so after removing the rivet, do they actually move enough to adjust caster/camber?

LargeOrangeFont

Raise your fist in resist
Established Member
If you drill out the rivets you can adjust them, but if that is not enough then you will need CC plates. I recommend west end alignment in Gardena. Talk to Darren, he absolutely does the best work I have seen.

Bl4ckedoutc0bra

Established Member
I have Kenny Brown springs with Koni Adjustables and KB CC plates. I too need an alignment. In the next few weeks I'm going to an alignment shop next to where X2C used to be located (near Roscoe and Sepulveda). X2C brought all of their cars there so I'm sure they're more than qualified to do 4wheel alignments on Cobras. Also, $50 sounds a little cheap for a 4wheel. :)

If I get mine before you do I'll post my findings.

And for those who mentioned Joe, I was trying to get him to align my vehicle but he does not do 4wheel alignments due to a lack of equipment (not expertise).

Last edited:

optx002

Established Member
well i got my alignment done by johnson alignment in torrance. i can say they do some good work. did it fairly quickly too. I was very impressed. They went the extra mile to let me drive the car around the block, and come back with my feedback to make small adjustments. Danny the person that did my alignment answered all my annoying questions during the alignment, and even had me sit in the car while he was doing instead of using weights to get an accurate alignment done.

I definately recommend them for alignments. The owner also had some porsches outside that he races, and they are some sweet cars. One of them sounded badass, with just headers and straightpipes.

DitchTehFish

Established Member
optx002 said:
he says he cant adjust my front end becaue the stock plates are riveted on, but also because they have no room for adjustment. He says he can adjust the toe, because they are off,
I think for the most part that is true.

optx002

Established Member
everything on my car was off by so little, that the adjustments were no problem. I have 1 degree negative all around for camber. toe and caster are "perfect" or "t*ts" as danny told me.

fast4v

Established Member
:beer: Glad to see everything went well. Bl4ckedoutc0bra give them a shot you will not be disappointed

Users who are viewing this thread