Where to get a good tune from in Missouri?

reyberg

Established Member
Anyone know of a good place to get a car tuned at in St. Louis or Missouri for that matter. I bought another X3Z and would like to have it tuned before WFC. Thanks

reyberg

Established Member
May 18-21. See the May 2006 issue of 5.0 Mustang Magazine for details. You will also see my name in there for ET-3 Sunday winner :-D

reyberg

Established Member
Thanks...I'll check them out. I take it you had some work done there? If so, was it pricey?

12-psi

Established Member
There are a couple of places mustang muscle, first capitol 4wheel drive, and Performance by Joe.

Mustang muscle has a good and bad rep. I personally had a bad experience with their dyno tuning but I know that car happen anywhere. My buddy had swapped engines in his 5.0 on his own and had some shit out of whack. He took it up there and spent a bit of money and it still wasn't right. We ended up changing their dyno tune to a garage tune and it ran mucho better. There are guys that swear by them, then some that can't stand them. Just be cautious.

I also had a bad experience at fist capitol 4wheel drive. I had my car trailored up there b/c of the new motor swap, blower, and sct chip. When I got my car back ( I was not there) I had my brand new spec clutch fried (0 miles), sub blown, tweater blown, and my sct computer and kick panel off laying on the floor. Also the car ran soooooo rich it was blowing gas out the exhuast pipes.

I've heard good things about performance by joe, have not been there. There is a guy here named john huber that does shit out of his garage and he is awesome. I've had nothing but the very best service out of him. I can pm you his number if you are serious.

reyberg

Established Member
12-psi said:
There are a couple of places mustang muscle, first capitol 4wheel drive, and Performance by Joe.

Mustang muscle has a good and bad rep. I personally had a bad experience with their dyno tuning but I know that car happen anywhere. My buddy had swapped engines in his 5.0 on his own and had some shit out of whack. He took it up there and spent a bit of money and it still wasn't right. We ended up changing their dyno tune to a garage tune and it ran mucho better. There are guys that swear by them, then some that can't stand them. Just be cautious.

I also had a bad experience at fist capitol 4wheel drive. I had my car trailored up there b/c of the new motor swap, blower, and sct chip. When I got my car back ( I was not there) I had my brand new spec clutch fried (0 miles), sub blown, tweater blown, and my sct computer and kick panel off laying on the floor. Also the car ran soooooo rich it was blowing gas out the exhuast pipes.

I've heard good things about performance by joe, have not been there. There is a guy here named john huber that does shit out of his garage and he is awesome. I've had nothing but the very best service out of him. I can pm you his number if you are serious.

That would be great. Please PM me his number.

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
reyberg said:
May 18-21. See the May 2006 issue of 5.0 Mustang Magazine for details. You will also see my name in there for ET-3 Sunday winner :-D

Cool.

If I can work it out, I would like to come up and play in the Wild Street class

coupe5.0

Established Member
Ryan-

I wouldnt let mustang muscle tune a lawnmower. Ask JP about his experience with them. I think theres another place in high ridge (Evans Performance maybe??) thats supposed to have the stuff to do in house chip burns.

reyberg

Established Member
Dang,

And I was hoping to get the Craftsman tuned as well ;-)
I will be home this weekend and will talk to JP and you about it. Thanks for the heads up!

Users who are viewing this thread