Where to find?(vent shut off seals)

SilverNotch

Established Member
I'm restoring my radio bezel and I have the shut off vents. I need the foam that goes around the vent door behind then vents. Its like a 1/4 inch foam I don't know if its something I can find at the hardware store and cut it to fit. For those of you that don't know its the black foam that flies out of your vents.

railroad

Established Member
You might be able to use some peel and stick pipe insulation tape. It is pretty good quailty, comes in about the right thickness and has its own glue. If that is no good, a hobby shop might have something in a block for cutting and gluing. Kudo's on doing it right. Not many would bother replacing it.

SilverNotch

Established Member
Thanks! I think anything with plumbing may be good. Something resistant to mold. I bought another center bezel but it doesn't have the shutoffs so I'm sanding painting and restoring my original.

SilverNotch

Established Member
I ended up using a window a/c filter its the perfect thickness .25 inch thick and a huge sheet is 97 cents. It stretches and if cut small enough doesn't need any adhesive. I'll probably do a write up as it came out awesome! I'm going to end up doing all my vents with this stuff as I don't want that old seal to fly out on my new seats and carpet.

Users who are viewing this thread