where to find surfboard pod

mcarbine

2003 L #2504
Established Member
Talk to Steve at MMCustomworks. They run from $275-350 IIRC. He is an SV over on LightningRodder. :thumbsup: Matt

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
Only way that i think you could get one now is from someone who bought one and no longer wants it. The orig maker (last i knew) is not making them anymore

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Last I talked to Steven he had sold all of the sufboard pods that he had. PM him and ask him if he has any left.

I gave mine to Addnamehere since I'm "upgrading" to another MMcustomworks design. Hopefully I will finish it before I die.

silvblt

Nasty 5.4
Established Member
I picked up mine awhile back on Ebay. The guy I got it from hadn't even began to ready it for the install. I've gotten step 1 done on the instructions and that's it. I figured it was a paint and install. Boy was I wrong. I'll end up slapping it on soon...I hope.

FordFanStan

Established Member
You are in luck, I have a new but used one if that makes since lol. I never even started in on prepping it, so it is exactly how they were shipped. Emails me for pics and details. I'll get rid of it for a good price. Email ON sig below. FFS

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
Last I talked to Steven he had sold all of the sufboard pods that he had. PM him and ask him if he has any left.

I gave mine to Addnamehere since I'm "upgrading" to another MMcustomworks design. Hopefully I will finish it before I die.

I got $10 bucks that says youll finish yours before i finish mine LOL

BC Lightning

Project Panty Dropper
Established Member
He has his own section on Lightning Rodder, go over there and check out all of his pods

he is making a custom instrument bezel pod for me, I was the first to get a dash bubble gauge pod from him

He has made pods for the overhead console, center console, ash trays, and so on

MMCustomworks

Gauge Pod Whore
Established Member
I just sold the very last molded pod. I only have the original left that was used to make the mold. This is the best version at it's built from the oem part. Which means it retains the oem clips, plus the gauge cups are metal.

Seems someone sent one of my surfboards to Lotek so they can try to duplicate it. So if you wait long enough there might be another version out there soon. From there email, it looks like if they do copy my pod it will be an overlay of just the gauge pod section. Pod would attach with adhesive over the exiting surfboard.

blownsvtlightning

Established Member
I just sold the very last molded pod. I only have the original left that was used to make the mold. This is the best version at it's built from the oem part. Which means it retains the oem clips, plus the gauge cups are metal.

Seems someone sent one of my surfboards to Lotek so they can try to duplicate it. So if you wait long enough there might be another version out there soon. From there email, it looks like if they do copy my pod it will be an overlay of just the gauge pod section. Pod would attach with adhesive over the exiting surfboard.

Get them suckas to pay you royalties for it :shrug:

mcarbine

2003 L #2504
Established Member
what is a surfboard pod?:shrug:

Its the part on top toward the center of our dash that can be removed. If you look at it it sorta looks like a surfboard. The surfboard pod has two gauge pods molded in toward the left side of that cover facing the driver. Pretty sweet looking I might add. Matt

Does that make you angry that someone is making money off your hard work or are they going to compensate you? I would be pissed. Matt

MMCustomworks

Gauge Pod Whore
Established Member
Does that make you angry that someone is making money off your hard work or are they going to compensate you? I would be pissed. Matt

Nope, because I achieved what I have yet to see anywhere out there. Pods that fit just like the oem parts. No glue or 3M tape required to install.

mcarbine

2003 L #2504
Established Member
Nope, because I achieved what I have yet to see anywhere out there. Pods that fit just like the oem parts. No glue or 3M tape required to install.

Nice! I plan on sending you my ashtray to get the dual external pod for the dual Aeroforce setup I plan on running. Im hoping work picks back up so I can do it soon and purchase the other gauge and harness I need. Keep up the good work I always look forward to see what you have coming out next.

Users who are viewing this thread