Where to find Foxbody rear glass for hatchback?

nikkodnp

Established Member
Hi SVTP Forum!

I recently tried to realign my hatchback to body at the hinges because there was such a large gap that was allowing air to come in from outside along the weatherstripping.

Long story short, im wondering if there was a source for foxbody rear hatch glass with defroster lines from a reputable supplier.

I talked to safelite and no luck. Other than ebay, can these still be found in new condition?

Thanks!

Mustang5L5

Established Member
Nope. Used is the only source. Once in a rare while a NOS carlite pops up on ebay in the $400-500 range.

I've been looking myself. When I was a kid, I tinted my rear window and then yanked it off destroying the defroster lines. Even though I don't actually drive the car in the winter, it bugs me not having it functional, so I've been trying to find a nice piece of glass

nikkodnp

Established Member
Sorry to hear that Mustang5L5!

I actually stumbled on this video on youtube recently and it looks like theres a lot of good candidates.

2019 Ford Mustang Salvage Yard Tour Restoration Parts OVER 100 Fox Body Donor Cars & Rolling Chassis

Luckily, my defroster lines are still working, although the tint was damaged recently so its going to be replaced, and im hoping the tint shop can keep all the lines intact. Thinking of getting my front glass replaced also as all the rock chips glare in the sun :cool:.

Hope this helps someone out there!

Users who are viewing this thread