Where to buy Tokico D Specs?

phfelts

Established Member
So I just ordered springs, and a few other things to finish up my suspension, but Late Model Restoration and BBR are both out of the Tokico D Spec shocks and struts that I wanted. I'm just getting back into the mustang aftermarket, so I'm not familiar with all of the vendors out there. What other places should I check?

Also, I know the Koni yellows are very popular, but are there any other adjustable shocks/struts that you guys would recommend. In the past I've seen most people arguing between the Konis and the Tokicos, so I haven't really read much about the other offerings out there. Thanks guys!

Dave_6

Established Member
Supposedly Tokico is having 'issues' so I would go with another brand. I went with Koni Yellows and will be installing them this week.

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
Supposedly Tokico is having 'issues' so I would go with another brand. I went with Koni Yellows and will be installing them this week.

What "issues" are you refering to? I have the D-Specs and love them!
I bought them from Tokico during a great 70% off sale last yr.

Dave_6

Established Member
I was told the company is having problems. Nothing is wrong with their struts and shocks but some places may stop carrying them.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
For road course or auto X, I'd opt for Koni Yellow or more expensive coil over options.

For street and drag racing, you can't beat Strange struts and shocks bang for the buck.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
stranoparts has the yellows on sale...

Strano Performance Parts - Part Details

Sam Strano is a good person to do business with. However, Koni is always suffering a national back order crisis. It happens every year.

OP, if you have no desire for high speed road course events, you'd be far better off with Strange bang for the buck.

Dave_6

Established Member
I got my Konis from Tire Rack. They only had the fronts like most places but the rears are much easier to do and can be done later.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I purchased my front Tokicos from Steeda. I then happened to find a great deal on a rear set of shocks from a seller on eBay and when that route.

phfelts

Established Member
I just did my first track night at a circuit track in town, and it was awesome, but for me that's just a sort of once in a while thing. I'll mostly be drag racing, and I've had strange shocks before, but I hadn't really heard much about the struts. I've seen some good sales on the Koni's, but if the price is right I may just save the money and go with Strange. Thanks for all the info guys! I'll post pics once everything is on the car.

Users who are viewing this thread